At Last

The bright sun makes its way through the crystal windows of Camille's room. A peaceful and relaxing scent of bamboo and plumeria flowers takes over the air. The lively morning gives the atmosphere a romantic scene to wake up to every day. Magical.

Camille turns in her cotton soft bed, trying to wake up her senses. It's been three months since she has come back to the Water Sanctuary. Forgetting about her human life, she now enjoys every single day with the company of Zelon the fearless lion, Cosmo the temperamental tiger and Vico the protective winged wolf.

The seagulls echo in the distance and Camille finally blinks her eyes open. A smile spreads across her face as the first thing she sees when her eyes open is a set beautifully thick eyelashes. His smooth skin slightly sparkling at the touch of the sun, so perfect and evenly toned. His rustled hair falling over his flawless forehead, so perfect and silk. Godly.

Every time she starts her day, Camille takes a deep breath feeling grateful for being here, next to him. Always next to him. To see a powerful and fearless God laying next to her, defenseless and in absolute serenity. Her mystical animals surrounding her bed, outside she knows there are servants and guards looking after her. There are no more nightmares, no more fear, there's nothing that can overshadow her happiness now.

Although to Camille this is a sweet gesture from the God, on his part, Axl can't let his guard down. His mother has been sticking her evil claws in the girl's path. Knowing how stubborn his mother can be, Axl makes sure that Camille lives peacefully until he figures out what the Great Goddess of Evil and Death's next move is.

"Camille, can you stop moving around?" Axl whispers mockingly in the girl's wild way of sleeping. But she can't help it, she finally feels at peace.

Camille blushes at the sound of his seductive voice, forgetting that Axl doesn't sleep, he only rests next to her to watch over her. Camille covers her face and turns away, but not fast enough, Axl curls his slender arms around her body. As the animals listened carefully for a sign that she's in danger.

"Did I disturb you?" Camille whispers close to his ear, which he enjoys to a level he never thought it could be possible. Her voice is a soft melody that calms the fire and storm he is inside. Pulling a smile out him.

Axl opens his crystal blue eyes full of glory. Gently crashing her face into his chest, as she tries to break free from his hold. Her dollish face turns slightly red at the unexpected attack, her violet eyes so bright with the sunlight of a new day. A special day.

"You can not wake up, someone who never sleeps," he comments under his breath, still not letting go of her. She squirms around.

"You should stop that if you do not want me to get hurt," Axl says to her as the beasts stand on their feet making sure Camille is in no harm. Loyal and devoted to her wellbeing, the beasts fear no fight with any God, even if that God is Axl.

Camille stops struggling for a moment. And lifts her hands to the beasts. Although this is not the first time Axl has spent the night with her. After watching her suffer day after day, and struggle to find her freedom. He knows that the only place she can be completely happy is by his side, and this is the reason he would spend his nights with her, even when he doesn't sleep.

"I'm fine," she lets them know as they slump back on the floor.

"Camille..." Axl turns to her with mesmerizing eyes, her heart reacts pleasantly at his gaze. Enjoying the rhythm at the mention of her name she smiles widely.

Axl sits up letting her see his perfection. Captivated, her blood rushes through her body making her ears and face warm at the realization that the only barrier she has from his bare skin, is her nightgown. Her heart skips a beat, to gather that Axl is absolute in every way and he doesn't care about showing off. Neither of the Gods do, as a matter of fact.

"What kind of dreams do you have?" he asks genuinely curious to see her expression that changes constantly from fluster to fear.

Camille's eyes widen with a hint of embarrassment. Awkwardly sitting up, she pulls her hair to the side, avoiding his eyes as he relaxes on the header. Although Axl can hear every hidden thought she has, her dreams he's not allowed to come into contact with. In a strange way, her dreams have been blocked and Camille manages to avoid any thoughts about it when Axl is around.

She has been back for three months, and they spend every night together, Camille can't seem to find the courage to take the next step with Axl. Something unbelievable for anyone in the Sanctuary, since Axl has done as he wishes with the women that impatiently wait their turn with him.

Camille can't get over her complexes of not being beautiful and perfect like the Goddesses, and of course, Onyx, who's the one that turns her pleasant dreams with him into torturing nightmares. She wants him, to serve him in every way she's meant to, but something stops her.

"Different ones, but most of the time is..." she tries to get the words out, being back in this world means she's here as his companion.

Her eyes widen with surprise as his fingertips slowly trace her back. Camille comes to understand what it means for them to be alone. To be the perfect companion, the perfect companion to a God, she needs to serve him; match his high standards, but she can't. She's only human.

"What is it?" Axl asks his voice gentle but his eyes enjoying every little reaction she expresses.

"Nothing I'm just, sometimes I wonder why I was chosen to be here...." she says, turning her eyes away from him.

Clearly reading her expression and her mind, Axl knows what she is struggling with. Although he wants to give her time, he can't help but make her feel uncomfortable for his entertainment.

"Because you are special," he answers casually, which pulls a smile out the girl.

"Special..." Camille repeats clearly remembering how she used to feel back in her Primavera Town, where she couldn't fit in with anyone, or anywhere. She felt special.

"Well, I am happy about it. I can be at ease knowing that, that little boy will not be anywhere close to you anymore. Looking or touching you." Axl tells her with a serious tone, as he picks up a strand of her loose hair, her violet eyes turn to him. Camille can't comprehend how a God who has everything, sometimes can be so close-minded to even feel jealous of a human boy.

"The water travels all over the worlds, I could see you. Do you know how infuriating that was for me? The way he looked at you, his hands touching your face, touch your skin, smelling your scent..." he says as he caresses her cheeks, the intensity in his eyes grows deeper as he traces her neck. Pulling her closer to his face, her view becomes nothing but his full lips shinning with temptation.

"He breathing your air, getting way closer than anyone can be allowed to," his fresh breath caressing her neck, making her shiver with a new sensation of emptiness in the pit of her stomach. His bare chest just inches away from hers, the immense watermark covering part of his abdomen spreading all the way to his neck.

"Do you know how many times when I saw that, I wanted to strike down and burn his soul... to see you letting another touch you like only I can," he whispers in her ears, making her heart revolt in anticipation, goosebumps awakening all over her body, as butterflies in her stomach stop her from breathing.

"Axl..." she says through her breath, for the first time wanting to feel more, to let his hands touch her skin, to feel his eyes burning her with his hidden passion, to let his lips take over her mouth until leaving her without a chance to breathe.

"You are mine, Camille. Mine only," he whispers as a light knock on the door interrupts them, making Camille realize that she's willing to go further than she ever wanted to do with Adam. Embarrassment taking over her body, she clings to him.

"Unfortunately, we have a visit... but we got all the time in this world to continue," he says with a playful smile. Camille's heart almost stops to see his flirtatious eyes piercing her.

"Now, let get ready for our guests," he stops taunting her, which in a strange way makes Camille upset. She watches as Axl move to the door to let servants move in to prepare for a big day.

Zelon comes next to Camille as she reaches out to pet his crown.

"Jealousy, huh," she says trying to keep her smile to herself.