Siding

A long day comes to an end as Camille strolls down the shore. Looking for an explanation for Lirioh's message, to clear the fact that Axl has gone back to Onyx's side. It's clear to Camille that she can't talk to anyone about what's on her mind; since the angel has waited until Axl protected her thoughts to show up.

Cosmo and Vico walk at her pace as Camille loses herself in the sound of the waves as they stretched on the sand. The sound of the seagulls and pelicans as they fly towards the forest to find their resting nests.

The sky turns into a delicate mix of blue and pink, as the skyline forms on the horizon. A tender color that wakes up a melancholic sensation in her soul.

"Mom, what were you hiding?" Camille whispers silently. Remembering her promise to her mother, she wanted her happiness and security. To make sure Camille would never suffer the unfortunate destiny of despair. Of being away from the one she loves.

"How can a simple human do anything in the Gods World?" Camille sighs heavily. It doesn't matter how much she stirs up her mind looking for answers. She will never understand why the Great Goddess chooses her son's misery over his happiness.

"Only if Lirioh's message could make sense..." her voice drags as the fierce tiger Cosmo purrs beside her trying to lift up her spirit.

"Camille!" Paloma descends from the air, making the sand revolt heavily.

"Woah!" Camille admires the immense wings of the Goddess of the Wind.

A beautiful angel, whose mystical body is completely exposed when she flies. Like a bird, Paloma is covered in baby feathers of white color. White like the clouds with a touch of glitters from within. Her hair so long and shiny like silver strands. The Goddess pulls back her giant wings as she touches the ground.

"Where have you been? We were worried sick without knowing where you were..." Paloma says, covering the confused girl in her arms. Doing a quick recount of the following events, Camille feels glad that her thoughts are finally for her only.

"After you disappeared with Kaiden and Larisa, we can not sense your aura anymore," Paloma says with her gray eyes full of consternation.

The Goddess scans the girl's body from head to toe, every strand of her hair, every cell of her body. Trying to catch a glimpse of the unusual barrier hiding her from everyone. Something only Axl can be capable of doing.

"I was with Axl," Camille eases the Goddess' worries.

Taking note of her blushing cheeks and the tender sparkle in her eyes, Paloma can't see Camille's thoughts anymore but her reaction its easy to understand. The girl looks different now, even to her, a Goddess, Camille looks unreachable, an orb of mystery and light surrounds her body. Catching a glimpse of a sparkly diamond on her finger, Paloma notices that the ring is not a simple jewel but an amulet of protection. Axl has decided to ensure Camille's safety even when she's with the rest of the Gods.

"Axl, he has changed notably..." Paloma says realizing that Axl has been acting on his own, which could only mean one thing. Danger.

Paloma wonders in shock by the darkness scattering in the sky as the sun hides behind the water. Dusk rises but there's a coat of despair moving rapidly towards the Water Sanctuary.

"To risk his own sanity to protect you, to be honest, I still do not understand why such great decision has to be made," Paloma confesses, knowing that Camille's mind is finally safe. The Goddess of Wind finally opts to speak her opinion.

Deep down, Paloma has wondered why Camille is so different from the human they are offered with. To know that even someone as heartless as the God of Water can change his mind, to the point of defying the supreme Gods for the girl's safety. To decoy himself to protect her.

Suddenly Camille becomes aware of the darkness spreading over the air. The spectrums of the Great Goddess screech as they dash through the shadows, dashing with the wind, in the sky, the clouds turn dark and the rippling water starts to rise up. Cosmo and Vico feel the disturbance in the air, a chill runs through Camille's spine at the touch of the cold breeze.

"What is happening?" Camille stiffens up as she notices the hundreds of tiny orbs of light, floating information towards her.

Tiny fairies in form of mermaids with glowing wings, shiny strings twirling around their bodies, big blue eyes, tiny noses, and almost no mouth. The angels of light, like she once met one.

"They are protecting you..." Paloma observes astonished by the action of the mystic angels. Just like Axl, and some of the most powerful creatures in the Gods World. Everyone is so attracted to Camille.

"She has made a move, that, witch!" the Goddess grabs Camille by her waist as she spreads her giant wings to the sky. In a blink of an eye, Camille sees herself distancing from the ground, as Vico and Cosmo dash towards the forest.

Trying to control the sudden acceleration of her heart as she's lifted into the air. The bright tinkles of light follow them as the Goddess of the Wind flies at full speed towards the main tower.

"The darkness is approaching which only means one thing," Paloma says.

"The Great Goddess..." Camille adds, trying not to show any fear or desperation as she has promised. Glancing at the trail of glowing creatures after her.

Reaching the main tower, from up high Camille can see how beautiful and lively everything looks. The endless gardens, rows of flowers of vivid colors. The ponds and waterfalls, the fish and fairies in charge of keeping everything full of life. A magical kingdom that seems to be rapidly covered by darkness. A chill mixes up with the air, a sensation that makes everyone tense.

Paloma descends in the front gardens, where Luna and the rest of the guards stand in shock. Paloma meditates for a moment, she knows that she can't stop whatever happens in the Water Sanctuary, the only option she has is to gather everyone and be ready to stand beside the right choice.

"Where is Yama, and Kaiden?" Paloma questions the guards.

"It looks like Axl send them out on a mission, unfortunately, we can not do anything if he has decided to let this happen..." Luna says with dismay in her voice that sends alarming waves through Camille's body.

"Camille..." Paloma notices Camille's decision to look for Axl.

Camille stops in front of the main door to Axl's main tower, a place so private that not even the other Gods dare to enter without being invited.

"I'll check on him," she says firmly although her hand shakes a little on the doorknob, but, her ring is a proof of his love and dedication to her. A radiant blue just like his eyes, a hard rock just like his character but beautiful and hypnotizing on the inside, Camille smiles remembering the moment she held in her soul the complete happiness of becoming one with the God of Water.

Knowing that she's not allowed to be weak anymore. That his love and everything he has done for her is something that she needs, to give her the strength to face the dark days rising upon the Gods World.

The magical moment he literally took a star from the sky to put it on her finger. Taking a deep breath to calm her nerves, Camille puts on a brave face as she pulls on the giant door.

As soon as she walks into the room, her smile fades away leaving behind a disgusting taste of betrayal. Even if Axl has proven how much he loves her, still, Camille feels the anger, the pain, and the jealousy to see the seductive angel of death sitting on his throne. A smug expression display on her stunning face, Onyx grins at the presence of the girl.

"I was waiting for you," Onyx says at the same time the door slams behind Camille. 

***

Stay tuned for the showdown next update!!! 

***