Hints

"Where have you been?" Axl asks directly to a shocked Camille, his tone is low but threatening which makes her hold back her breath. Even though she knows he wouldn't hurt her, Camille can't help but retreat from him. She has to be strong, even when she's dying to jump into his arms, she has to keep her promise. 

Axl's gaze makes her tremble inside, there's a magnetic energy that overwhelms her chest anxiety. Making the pit of her stomach expand with a million butterflies.  Electricity slowly expands all over her veins, reaching her heart, leaving her breathless. In a strange way, Camille finds herself enjoying the savage glare in his icy eyes. To think that the man threatening Kaiden is the same man that has spent almost every night watching her sleep. Giving her the happiness she craved for so long. The same man that took the trouble of traveling through dimensions to bring her back to his world, to his kingdom. A playful smirk spreads across his face as he hears her thoughts storming in her mind.

"Stop that." Camille realizes he's also enjoying her thoughts. Evaporating her anger and her worries, she lets go of Kaiden and steps in front of him, ready to face him. Camille raises her eyes up to the man that awakens a storm of strange feelings in her. Axl takes one step closer fighting not to give in to her sweetness, he glances at Kaiden standing behind Camille. 

"To hear what Ceres has done to you. To disappear from the sanctuary, evading to be noticed by anyone. I started to wonder where could my beloved be?" Axl scans Camille's shocked expression as he reaches a hand out to pick up a loose strand of her hair. 

Her big eyes even wider than before, her skin has turned pale thanks to Zerrat's display of his magic. He frowns with irritation as he notices a slight cut of Camille's lip but opts to ignore it. Knowing the God's nature, Silvanus knew exactly how to torture him to make her see what's important to him. 

"But it turns out, she is secretly plotting with my right-hand servant." the God questions Kaiden but his eyes don't leave Camille for a single second. Accompanied by Cosmo, the emotionless God walks pass her to stand face to face with his most trusted servant.

Axl shares a quick glance with Kaiden as the angel turns rigid, his jawbone flexes to the point his bones mark his skin with that quick reaction. Camille knows they're having a silent showdown but she can't do anything about it. She loves Kaiden but she loves Axl more. Kaiden notices behind the rigid eyes of his master a sign only he can understand.

"I can't say you're wrong, but this is not for you to be so upset about," Camille stumbles with the words, hesitantly watching one of her beasts raise as a threat against Kaiden.

Axl breaks his silent battle with Kaiden to look into her purple eyes beaming with the same light Kaiden and Larisa have noticed. Something inside the girl is changing. Something that can only cause him more trouble if he lets Onyx move around as she pleases. Incredibly upset to see the audacity of the Goddess of Nature to hurt Camille, Axl turns back to Kaiden.

"I want you to give me a good reason to stop me from breaking your face for that scratch on Camille's face," Axl demands an answer, fighting with his enraging temperament to know he wasn't able to protect her.  Catching the danger in his tone, Camille acts without hesitation. 

"Your Majesty." Camille hesitates to interrupt, but her shaken voice and her distant reference slap Axl's pride.  The once timid girl that couldn't come out of her room because she was afraid of him now stands in front of him, protecting his servant. 

Using a tone that feels like an insult to him coming from her mouth. From someone so dear, so close to him. To hear her trembling voice lower herself to a level so beneath her, Axl fights to keep his fury away from her sight. Camille is someone he wants to protect at all cost, showing her a side that would make her fear him is something he can't allow.