Darkness

Trying to understand the awkward turn of events, Camille feels a little relieved to know that everyone has come back to the sanctuary. Axl has disappeared to his duties or so she believes. Trying to clear her mind from those memories that still manage to stir up a current of yearning in her chest. Camille walks around the gardens looking for someone to talk to, to distract her from thinking either of Axl or the last conversation she had with Silvanus.

She doesn't want to remember what she has been about to do with Axl, the simple thought makes her flustered. And of course, she doesn't want anyone else listening to her thoughts. She sighs giving up of trying.

"Is something bothering you?" Zerrat, God of Ice finds the girl picking up dead flowers. Camille jumps back at the sudden apparition of the beautifully cold God. Next to him, Zelon the white lion steps forward to greet his beloved.

"Zelon!" Camille jumps to him with happiness. Hugging the giant beast, his crown of fur smells gentle and exotic, soft like a cloud. Zelon absorbs her worries in an instant. His giant green eyes look deep in her soul and she leans her forehead to his.

"Where have you been? Where are Vico and Cosmo?" she asks the lion, completely forgetting that Zerrat is also there. He watches how the fearsome beast that has destroyed his enemies without hesitation, he easily falls to the girl's embrace.

"Up there." Zerrat lifts his face to the sky.

Camille follows his eyes. Though the sun still shines brightly, above all the clouds Camille can see the distant twinkling, so far away it looks like a particle of dust.

"A star?" Camille asks, wondering how can she see that far away in the middle of the day. Zerrat nod.

"That is the Lost Star, a place so far from any galaxy it is almost non-existent," Zerrat tells her. Camille's violet eyes keep looking into the far light almost fading as the sun gently burn her eyes.

"Zelon travels a great distance to see his master and share a little of his energy to help him survive..." the God of Ice says with a hint of compassion. Zelon leans closer to Camille, taking advantage of her peaceful energy.

"His master?" Camille turns to the beautiful lion that sometimes lays on the balcony of her room looking up to the sky, like his looking at something beyond of what she can see. Camille looks up again.

"The Great God of Light and Darkness," Zerrat adds as Camille's eyes widen in shock. She has heard of the Great Gods, there's three of them. The Great Goddess of Evil and Death, the Great God of Destiny and Life, Axl's parents. And then, there's the Great God of Light and Darkness.

(There's another God that controls the darkness) Silvanus has mentioned before. Was he referring to the Great God of Light and Darkness? Can he be as powerful as the Great Goddess? Is he evil like her?

"Adonis... In no way he can be like Eirene," Luna appears behind Zerrat, the sadness in her voice clearly shows that she knows the God very well. Zelon moves closer to Luna to pay his respects. She caresses his head.

"How is he doing?" she asks the lion. She smiles as the lion has spoken to her.

"The Great God of Light and Darkness, was once the most powerful God of all, but now..." Luna answers Camille's thought.

"But now he fades away, alone. Isolated from everything he knows, everything he has ever known." Luna says, sadly remembering the last time she got to see her beloved friend the Great God of Light and Darkness, Adonis.

Someone who holds the unique power to balance both, the Great Goddess of Evil and Death and the Great God of Destiny and Life. Someone indispensable to keep the peace in the universe. Luna reaches out to the dead roses Camille has been picking up.