Promise

Exhausted and without energy, Camille she sleeps in his arms. Axl can't hide the remorse he feels for being the son of such heartless being like the Great Goddess. Someone capable of hurting to a level so deep and low. The way she has obsessively hurt her.

Although he has managed to banish every glimpse of her suffering, Axl can't forget the vivid marks covering Camille the first time he saw her. She was lost in obscurity but she held on tight to hope. Holding her tight in his arms, Axl can perceive the approaching of his mother's corruption. A destructive energy of evil starts to rise with the air.

The God observes Camille's sleeping face, he knows that to play the Great Goddess's game, he will have to take the bait. Take the risk of falling into a labyrinth where he can lose himself and hurt Camille. Blocking her thoughts might be the only safe option Camille has to find her way out of the sanctuary when Kaiden chooses to make a move.

"I know you are strong to hold on. I gave you the freedom to explore and find the reason you came into this world..." Axl traces her face with tenderness, gently awakening her senses.

"Do as you please, my love. I believe you will see beyond what is coming. I believe in you. Remember that." the God reaffirms as he squeezes her gently to his chest. Camille can clearly hear the pleading pounding in his heart. Opening her eyes to see the kindness in his soul, Camille looks up at the gorgeous man trying to hold back any sign of distress.

"I wish we could stay like this forever..." he says at the same moment an ominous screech disturbs the peace in the Water Sanctuary. Casting a cold blast of despair to destroy the fields, bewildering the animals and mystic creatures. Onyx announces her rage to find out Axl is with Camille.

"Something bad going to happen?" Camille flinches next to him, covering her ears at the diabolic sound echoing in the mountains and deep in the water.

The God pulls her close, wrapping his firm arms around her body, he breathes in her delicate scent to engrave it in his soul. His eyes turn deadly as he feels the darkness approaching from underneath the ground.

"I cannot justify what Onyx is and what she will do, but the fact that she is also fighting not to die... I cannot blame her desperation," Axl tells her. Although she understands, Camille can't help to feel a brief shot of jealousy.

"Remember what I said before, my love. I will do anything to protect you, I might not be the same when you see me again, but I beg you. Do not let anyone in your thoughts," his voice serious but gentle at the same time. Camille's eyes narrow at the sudden touch of sadness in his behind his gaze.

"I believe in you..." she reassures him with firmness and patience.

"You will come back to me," Camille mimicks his tone as a slight stab hits her heart when Axl pushes her away.

"I will," he promises as the loud blast of a thunder rumbles in the Water Sanctuary, making the girl jumps back. Axl turns expressionless as he looks out of the window, the rumble echoes in the distance.

"I have done as you requested, you are safe as long as no one can hear your thoughts. I only ask one thing..." he leans down to kiss her tenderly. Something inside Camille's heart shudders at his touch, something evil is creeping him. Axl lets go of her lips and moves to her forehead.

"Be yourself, whatever you see, whatever you hear just be yourself," he whispers but the sudden presence of something dark creeping up on him freezes her in shock.

"I love you," he fights the demon taunting him from inside out. He moves closer but his eyes never leaving her. Another rumble shakes the ground, as a bolt of lightning strikes down the core of the sanctuary.