Destiny

"This is unfair. It doesn't make any sense to force you to choose one side." Camille argues while she tries to make sense out of the confusing situation her father is facing. The Great God is exhausted from fighting, the pain and agony the darkness has brought to him are reducing his chances with every blink he takes. 

"If you die, the universe will crumble, it will be the end of everything." Camille whimpers with the thought of being late, of not being able to fulfill the mission of which her mother gave up her life, even her father. 

"Do not blame yourself, Camille." Although her voice gives him comfort and the courage to keep on holding on, the Great Adonis is in anguish, every planet that's overtaken by the darkness is a stab he takes. Every life lost in the chaos is a shock to the core, to see Camille forcing herself not to look at his chest, a hole where the light is dying. 

"To feel nothing but emptiness, this is my only regret..." The Great God whisper with difficulty, trying to convince himself that the choice of giving Camille the chance to be human has been the best choice. 

Holding him tight, Camille fights the tears as she recalls the many time he tried to reach out all she ever did was run away. Every time he could call her, she would seal his voice in the depths of her brain. Now the world is ending for them, she will never get a chance to repay his sacrifice, the opportunity he gave her of seeing such a magical world, to find a place to belong to. To find real love. Camille's heart breaks to see how the universe may never make it and Axl's effort to make her stronger, to help her break free, she will never get to see him again. 

"I'm sorry..." 

"Even in his deathbed, even when he has been cruelly punished, his excellency knows his mission is more important than anything, my lady.  His purpose to be a Great God is beyond choosing what is the right thing to do. Beyond clinging into emotions that have no future if there is no future." Gala looks up to the infinite as explosive rays of gas expand, as a shower of broken stars descends to the worlds.  

"Securing the stability of the universe to give everyone else a chance, perhaps is not too late," Gala reassures her with a little hint of anger at the rest who get to live freely without considering that it's thanks to him. A loud strike of wind blasts against the crystal walls of the castle, Camille struggles to keep her balance as Gala looks up to the outside. 

"They are coming, I do not think they will hold for long." The angel murmurs to herself. 

"My lady, perhaps, there can be a way to save him... or at least save a part of him." Gala decides to speak without consulting with her master or anyone else. 

"Give him a chance at a future." The angel has seen the determination in the girl's eyes, the same determination Camelia had when she ripped her own soul out and give up her light for a greater cause. 

The same determination the Great Adonis had when he waited for his brother to give Camelia the chance to reincarnate, to give him the opportunity to escape his prison and conceived her. Camille has her full attention on Gala. The angel takes a step closer and points at her chest.

"Their essence of Light was turned into something that has more life than you can imagine." This time turning to the beautiful man lost in unconsciousness, gently covering his exposed chest, the angel glances at Camille's. 

"This light needs a vessel to live in." She smiles but her eyes look profoundly sad. 

"Return the light that was gifted to you."  Gala recites the words in Lirioh's message as immediate chills run through Camille's spine. She looks up at the angel's glowing eyes. 

"The medallion of Light was created by Adonis and handed down to Camelia who has kept it safe until you, his daughter could enter this world to return it," Gala says with determination to give Camille as much information she has.