Sacred Touch

"Camille, wake up... Camille!" Luna calls over with desperation to see the motionless girl laying on the bed like a frozen statue. 

The Goddess of the Moon is shaken to see how the peaceful sanctuary slowly starts to break under the pressure of the Great Goddess of Evil and Death. How suddenly she has decided to unleash her power, something she's never done before. Luna is shocked to be witnessing a terrifying darkness approaching not only the Water Region but the whole universe and every world in it. 

"Camille..." she tries quietly, hoping that the girl can hear her suppressed anguish.

Camille can hear Luna's voice but she doesn't want to wake up. The second she got a glimpse of Axl's eyes, she saw the same ominous darkness that the Great Goddess possesses. A cold air of death hovers over the Water Kingdom. Surfing within the wind, lurking through the shadows the evil is taking force and Camille is too frightened to face it without Axl.  

"Camille... I know you can hear us. I know you are shocked, but we need you. Axl needs you. Please wake up..." Luna pleads in a more serene tone. Like Camille, the rest of the Gods can perceive the shift in Axl's energy and although they can't intervene or oppose him, they have to find a way to keep the girl safe, even if they have to leave him alone with Onyx. 

But, Camille is falling deep into a dimension where not even the Gods can help her. Not even Asilo, God of Dreams or Caligo, God of Nightmares. The only Gods able to control and navigate the subconscious can't get a glimpse of Camille's mind after Axl created a barrier for her. A place she doesn't recognize either. Similar to an episode of sleep paralysis Camille has trapped herself in a dimension where she's unable to move her body but she can see and feel more than ever.  Panic spreads all over her subconscious as she realizes that she's been locked in her own body.

Although her body lays stiff in the eyes of the Gods, Camille can feel how she falls into the deep hole of bleakness. A bottomless pit where desperation rumbles from its walls, just like the angel of death told her. An ocean of disembodied emotions chants from every direction, sadness, anger, and mockery. Steve's voice booms with anger and laughing at all the pain caused her. Jordan's desperation to breathe as his chest closes up when his lungs stop letting the air in. Paige's sadness as she finally admits to betraying her trust. Ally's disappointment, for not letting her feel like a real friend.

And Adam, her heart squeezes in a daze to hear Adam's hopeless plead to give him a chance. The sadness and heartache in his voice, immediately tightening her throat. Haunted by their endless emotions, the voices get louder and louder as she falls into nothing but coldness. Struggling to free herself and open her eyes, Camille finally touches the icy ground. Numbing her body in an instant, her lungs lock-in as goosebumps spread all over her body in an alert.

"Camille...?" a voice echoes in the distance. Camille is finally able to open her eyes in a cold cave where there's nothing but a strong sense of death. Standing still, Camille concentrates on the sounds echoing in the distance. Nothing surrounds her except the cold and humid air, something in the back of her mind tells to move forward but Camille hesitates. 

"Camille," the voice calls again, making her stop as soon as she decides to take a step. Her heart thumps abruptly as the voice sinks in her brain. 

"Mom..?" Camille hesitates as she moves forward in the sealed cavern. Her heart picks up the pace in desperation, her eyes fill up with tears as she moves forward. 

"Mom!" Camille grows desperate as she tries to figure out where the voice comes from, but there's nothing except darkness around, every sound she makes it echoes back to her, ice cold wetness, Camille tries to guide herself with the wall.