Loyalty

The night falls upon the sanctuary, a cool breeze fans through the garden and forests of the magical kingdom. Thanks to the God of Ice, Camille has forgotten about her situation for a moment. Looking for a little more tranquility after the air has taken over a sense of vagueness and tension. Camille and her most trusted advisor and protector walk in the wake of the night.  

Looking up to the starry sky at the same time the Blazers leave their trail of light behind. A faint smile crosses her face but a profound sentiment of abandonment squeezes her chest because she can't see Axl. It doesn't matter how much time she spends with everyone else, in the end, she wants to go back to him. Only to him. To have him so close, yet so far, to see him walking beside someone is a torture that she's not willing to bear. Not when everyone else seems to be struggling to balanced her thin thread of happiness.  Camille shakes her head trying to erase the sour taste of Onyx presence. 

"Is there something you would like to ask, my lady?" Kaiden breaks the heavy silence. Although he can hear and feel her stress piling up inside, Kaiden has chosen to close down that opening. Giving Camille the option to share her emotions without pressure.

Kaiden can sense how much she needs to trust Axl but after Silvanus comments, she's realized that the feelings of jealousy aren't only for Axl but also for her. Camille has promised to be strong for him, for them but the thought of him also trying to save Onyx it's like a needle buried in her skin, something she can't ignore not even because of pity. 

"I don't know what I'm doing, Kaiden." Camille sighs in distress, she can't lower herself to be jealous when there's more to this situation than her relationship. There's a bigger problem that should have everyone's absolute attention. 

It's difficult for Camille to see how little by little the loyalty of the Gods is being texted.  The image of a wild Ceres taunts her. The secret meeting between Kaiden and Larisa. Paloma risking her partnership with Axl because of Onyx Even Luna is torn by what side she should be taking. Camille can feel how any decision she takes can complicate the situation to a point beyond repair.

"The fact that you still hesitate whether our choice is good or bad, explains why you should fight for your place in this world, my lady," Kaiden comments with a sudden tone of seriousness that catches Camille by surprise.

"My place. Do you believe I have a place here?" Camille wonders with a sudden wave of doubt in her chest. Kaiden guides her quietly through the vast Lavander fields. A place so big and colorful, she can easily get lost in. Letting the fresh and overwhelming aroma fills up her lungs, Camille looks up at the sky again.

"Where have you been?" Camille remembers the information Silvanus once shared with her. Information that also makes her wonders where Kaiden's place is. Is it just to be a servant? Carefully watching if there's any sign of surprised or dilemma on answering her question, Camille gazes at Kaiden with the corner of her eye.  But there's nothing that she can perceive from the mysterious angel. 

"Aside from serving his majesty, my duty is also to observe, to listen and advocate," Kaiden answers her question, although he knows how curious Camille can be, he manages to give her a reasonable explanation.

"With the Colossal Angels?" she presses for more just like he feared she would. Kaiden stops in the middle of the field. There are things that Kaiden can't say because of her weakness that is to have everyone listening to her thought. Camille notices the slight conflict in Kaiden golden eyes and smiles. 

"Hearing someone's thoughts is not the only way to know what you are thinking," Camille lets him know that she's been around him long enough to understand his almost expressionless face. Kaiden surprises her with an unexpected surprise.