chapter six

Emiliana's POV
"it's okay sir, you don't have to buy me a dress" I say standing up and waving my hands furiously in the air.

"what are you doing? I gave an instruction " Mr Raphael raises his voice at a lady and she scurries off to the dressing room.

"what do you want to wear to my father's birthday?  This? " he says throwing a questioning look at my dress.  I suddenly felt cautious and wrapped my arms around my body.

"this is the first one " the lady says holding a short, shiny,  black gown in her hands.

I looked at Mr Raphael and he nodded at me to go try it on. 

When I put it on,  it was a little bit short as it barely reached my lap. I walked out of the dressing room to meet Mr Raphael talking to a lady.  When he noticed my presence, he looked up at me,  examining me carefully and using his finger to motion me to turn around.  I turn around smoothly and turn back to meet his face wrinkled.

"Louisa.. she's going to an elders party not a strippers club.  She needs something elaborate" he finished and went back to talking to the man while I went back into the dressing room. 

Louisa put her hand on her jaw thinking for a while before handing me a dress.  When I put it on, and looked at myself in the mirror,  it it simply beautiful. 

The whole chest area is covered in shiny diamonds while the hands were long and fitted.  The bottom part was black and clung to my skin tightly.  I turned around slightly to examined the back.  It had a round shaped cut to compliment the dress. 

"wow!  You look like a princess. You have a great body" Louisa compliments and I smile shyly at her.

"Mr Raphael will be all over you" she swoons putting her two hands on her jaw.

"he's just my boss" I clarify

"a boss that picks out your dresses for you.  Let me tell you girl,  Mr Raphael has had a lot of PAs before and he has never brought them here to test out party clothes" she finishes while pushing me out for Mr Raphael to see.

When he looks up at me again,  his lips were slightly parted and his eye widens.  He quickly tries to control himself by looking away and telling them to package the clothes.  He didn't look at me again till he finishes talking to the man.

"Louisa get a shoe and purse for her, we are leaving " Mr Raphael says his eyes glancing at me for some seconds and looking away.

Louisa returned with a bag and smiles while handing it to me.  I was so nervous I didn't check it out.  Why would Mr Raphael look at me like that.

"let's go" he says taking me away from my thoughts. I stand up and follow him with all the bags.  It's very heavy that I can feel the lines of the bag pressing into my skin. 

I thanked God when we got into the car and I dropped the heavy bags in the trunk of the car.

"thank you sir" I say turning to meet his gaze.  He looks at me for a few seconds before looking away.

"don't let it get to your head.  I just didn't want you in this" he gestures to my skirt and shirt.

"I will be sensible enough not to do that" I shoot back angrily that the chauffeur even looks at me through his rear view mirror.  My blood is boiling and I feel very very angry.  I can't just treat me anyhow he pleases just because he's my boss and I'm just his PA.

"are you talking back at me" he questions strictly.

"n.. Yes sir.  I don't like people referring to what I'm wearing, it makes me look like a bag of trash" I say angrily.  It made me think of big boss and his men.  The way they taunted me whenever they came around.  Mr Raphael isn't any different from them.

"well you have no choice, you are just my PA" he smirks at me running his hand through his  silky hair.

I ignore him and look outside the window trying to get rid of my anger by smiling at the children playing on their bikes and laughing.  Smiling at the road side potatoes.

"we are here" the chauffeur announces and I come down with my dress in hand and leaving the gifts in the car.

Mr Raphael comes down too maybe to pack his things and go back home. 

I notice someone standing in front of the office and I know it's  Daniel. I walk to him trying to ignore Mr Raphael who is walking behind me.

"you guys were out for a long time,  I was just about to leave" he smiles taking the bag I was holding from me.

"I'll drop you home" he declares.

"I'm already dropping her off" Mr Raphael says putting his hands in his pocket.

"Daniel let's go" I say ignoring him and letting him lead me to his car while we leave Mr Raphael standing and staring at us angrily, Or should I say in defeat.

******
"thank you" I say thanking Daniel as he handed me my bag.

"anytime " he laughs zooming off while I walk to the door and knock lightly.

"welcome " jasmine hugs me tightly almost squishing me.

"did you miss me that much?" I ask her and she pushes her lower lip out and nods.

"what are you doing? " I ask plopping down on a chair next to her.

"just watching a kdrama. Emergency couple " she says turning to look at me.  Her love for kdrama movies always makes me wonder.

"what's that? " she asks snatching the bag away from me and bringing out everything.
It is now that I could even examine the shoe and purse. It is a high heeled silver with a silver purse.

"oh my,  who got all this for you? Let me guess,  Mr Raphael " she says exaggerating her actions and unfolding the dress so she could see it better.

"are you going for a party " she asks jumping back on the chair with me.  I nod my head again.

"I want to come with you" she begs clutching my hands tightly.
Suddenly,  my phone beeps twice.

I pull the phone out to see two messages.  One from Daniel and the other from Mr Raphael.  I decide to open Daniel's own first.

Daniel:
It was nice dropping you off.  Sleep well dear.
I smile and type a quick you too in a hurry to read Mr Raphael's own.

Boss:
Tomorrow,  I want you to go to Tiana's place and ask for Mitchell. She'll do your make up and hair. I don't want you looking like this.

It had a picture of me attached on it.  My hair is ruffled and I had black eyes.

I wonder when he took this. But I smiled widely

Sorry I haven't been updating quickly.  I have been preoccupied with school but I will try and update more and often.

  Don't forget to vote, comment and share.