chapter sixteen

Daniel's POV
"no one believes me" she mutters as more tears trailed down her face. My heart breaks seeing her like this.

"wow, after getting a picture of her with a random man leaked, she still managed to get Daniel's attention, she's so lucky " they whispered among themselves

"everyone get back to work" I manage to say startling them as they watched us as if we were a movie, but that didn't faze them, they continued muttering among themselves not even paying attention to what I said.

"now! " I barked and that seemed to do the trick. They drag their feet out snickering among themselves.

Small sobs escapes emiliana's lips and my hand grips her small shoulders tighter.

"I'll get you a car that will take you home" I whisper in her ear. I hold her legs gently and make her stand on her feet. Her leg wobbles so she clutches my shirt. She looked weak.

"you believe me right? Out of everyone, you believe me" she asks questioningly and I freeze at the sudden closeness. Her eyes are Misty with tears, her cheeks flushed from crying and he'd lips parted allowing me get a glimpse of her pearly white teeth.

I try to speak but I stumble on my words, her expression didn't falter, only a smirk made its way to her lips.

"right, you don't believe me either " she says letting go of my shirt and letting it drop to her sides. She turns around attempting to walk away from me but I stop her by holding her wrist and pulling her towards me, her small frame coming in contact with my broad one. I hug her tightly afraid that I almost let her think that I didn't believe her.

Damn! Who wouldn't believe her.

"of course I believe you, because it's you, I can believe you. Do not for once ever think that I doubt you" I say hurriedly trying to not stumble on my words.

Surprisingly, she hugs me back and I feel my heart melt at that gesture.

"come on " I say leading her outside the conference room. Some people crowded outside the door disperse quickly trying to overhear our conversation.

Emiliana ignores them and I hold her hand getting a gasp from the other ladies. I did a cab for emiliana and she goes inside.

"I'll check you later" I tell her before the driver zooms off. I watch their car until it disappears into the distance.

I don't know why I keep liking emiliana everytime I see her.

I walk back inside the company and straight to Raphael's office. I walk in without knocking and I am stunned at what I see and I can't help the gasp that escapes my lips.

No, it's not a random blond lying on his table.

His office is turned upside down. All items on his table are thrown off and they lay scattered on the floor. Even his desktop lay on the floor, it's screen broken. The paintings on the wall aren't any better. They were all broken too.

The only thing this room needed was a redecoration.

Raphael is standing by the window, his hands in fists by his sides.

"why are you so angry?" I question and he turns around his gaze fierce and angry.

"shouldn't I be" he shoots back angrily.

I know Raphael more than himself and I know that he is trying to hide his feelings. Right now, he is hurt and sad.

"why should you be? " I inquire more.

"my PA had an immoral photo of her leaked. It could drag the company's image in the mud" he says as he tightens his fist more as if the mere thought annoyed him.