chapter twenty eight

Raphael's picture at the top!

Emiliana's POV
I move quickly and I am even surprised at how fast I walk despite my uncomfortable heels. I find my way to the storage room. if I am lucky, the file might be hidden amongst other files and hopefully in good condition.

when I enter the storage room, I gasp at how filled up the place was and filed with dust. I pursed my lips together debating if I should search for it. I would waste a good amount of time if it wasn't here.

I shake my head and try to be positive. I start my checking each letters carefully in case they were mixed up with other files. after searching for about thirty minutes. I was about to give up even though I felt terrible that Raphael was going to lose this contract.

I look around and that is when i see a very high shelve with only like four files there. I stretch my hands but couldn't reach. looking around for something I could use to elevate my height, I find a stool and quickly take it and climb it but I was way too short.  I take a jump for it grabbing the files but lose my balance because of the heels and fall on the floor, pushing the stool in the process and upsetting the dust.

I cough but not letting the fall get to me, search through the files praying in my mind that the contract was one of them and that they haven't already left the company.

I sigh in relief when I see the contract lying there in perfect condition. I stand up hurriedly and ignore the pain that shoots through my leg, looking at it, my left leg was swollen and red. I brush the dust away and limped to get the contract to them.

I pushed the door of the conference room and see Raphael shaking the men with no expression and his jaw tightened.

"I found it!!" I exclaimed as they all turned to me a look of surprise and confusion present on their faces.

I walk to them and drop the file on the table and step back while the other men gently took their seat again. Raphael open the file and breathes in relief.

"shall we?" he asked the men as he takes his seat and discuss a few other things with the men and after coming to a conclusion, they sign the contract. they talk and laugh more before the men leave.

As soon as the men leave, all staff burst through the door crowding around me, I giggle a little lifting my weight on my other leg. I wonder how they knew I found the file.

"wow, you are amazing" rhema said shaking my hand.

other people praised me, some I didn't know their name but I was glad that I was appreciated.

I spot Raphael walk outside with a smile on his face. I excuse myself from the huge crowd that had formed around me. they didn't notice anyway, they continued chattering amongst themselves while I carried on to the office.

"wow, we employed a detective " Daniel laughs as he emerged from raphael's office.

"Maybe you should pay me more" I laugh. I try to stand normally but the pain shoots through my leg again.

"your hair is covered in dust" Daniel says staring keenly at my hair before brushing it off with his hand. I smile at him before he leaves and I walk inside the office.

Raphael had the back of his chair facing the door. I stand for a few second debating whether I should talk to him but decide against it and find my way to my seat.

I pull my shoe off and my feet is red and swollen. I try touching it but wince at the pain and bit my lower lip to stifle the shout that almost escaped my lips.

"emiliana" Raphael called spinning his chair around. I put my shoes on quickly and walk hurriedly to the front of him. I wince again and his face had a look of surprise. he quickly stands up and In a few seconds, he was in front of me.