chapter nineteen

Emiliana's POV
The lights comes back on again and I can hear light singing in the background.

"I... I'm sorry" I say quickly gathering all the strength In me and pulling myself up from Raphael's lap and positioning myself beside him and trying to calm my racing heart.

Why do I always find myself in uncomfortable situations?

I look to my right and Daniel catches my eye. He raises his eyebrows at me and I nod at him.

I look ahead and watch the song that they are performing. Young ladies dressed in funny outfits are singing Christmas songs and the crowd joins in and sings along including Amanda.

I could have joined too only that I'm so nervous and can hardly breathe.

The ladies end their play and another group comes in and starts playing the guitar and singing along.

It all ends after about one hour and everyone starts dispersing. The bulky man exchanges glares with Raphael again before he leaves.

"since we are all here, should we grab beer together. I saw a small eatery on my way" Amanda suggests looking between the three if us.

"I have plans" Raphael says immediately and Amanda's face falls.

"I wont mind, it's almost Christmas do they give discounts " I tell Amanda and she gives me a small smile.

"I wont mind too" Daniel chirps in.

"but Raphael has plans" Amanda whines and holds his hand which he shrugs away and his gaze meets mine briefly.

"I'll cancel" he finally replies and pushes his hand into his pocket.

We all walk outside and get into our respective cars, Amanda directs Raphael and Daniel follows behind closely.

"did you enjoy it? " Daniel asks suddenly throwing me off guard.

"what? Ah... Yes, it was wonderful " I reply smiling.

"I'm glad" he says in a whisper as he takes a turn to a small bar that had 'b and c' written on it which I guess stands for beer and chicken.

We come down from our cars and go into the bar. We find a table of four and take our seats with me facing Raphael and Daniel facing Amanda.

"ma'am, four bottles of beer and one large chicken" Amanda shouts across to the elderly woman and she nods at us and disappears through a door which I think is a chicken.

"wow...can you eat all that. Aren't you worried about your job" Daniel asks Amanda.

She laughs before saying " I have my secrets, you know, it's a diet. Plus, I'll quit my job if I get married " she finishes shooting a smile to Raphael which he doesn't return.

"Emiliana, should I tell you about the diet sometime? " Amanda asks staring at me directly.

"I.. I dont" I stutter wondering what to say.

"she doesn't need any diet, she's perfect the way she is" Raphael says in a breath and looks away.

"of course, but... " she starts again but us interrupted by the cook lady with four beers and a large tray of sauced chicken that made my mouth water. She drops it in our middle and walks away after telling us to enjoy our meal.

We start eating and it tastes delicious. Minutes later, we all order another round but Raphael refuses because he has to 'drive '. We all cheer and finish our drink and order another round which we gulp hurriedly.