chapter eighteen

Raphael's POV
"is this the best they could do" I wonder staring at the young lady before me. She is of average height, short black hair, green pants and a white blazer. She didn't look like she knew her work well.

"good morning sir, I am Becca Williams, I am your new personal assistant " she says flashing me a smile and that annoyed me.

Only emiliana deserved to be my personal assistant.

"meet the lady at the front, she will brief you" I say trying to not look at her again. I remember I briefed emiliana on my own. No one could replace her.

I feel angry for letting her walk through that door.

"I already did that" she says smiling at me again.

"then go to your seat, I am trying to work" I say dismissing her. She dips her head and walks to her seat.

"it's almost Christmas and you have to be on your toes for the launch of our new clothing line with the partnering company " I tell her from my seat and she nods eagerly.

I try typing on my computer but the only thing I can think about is emiliana. Her pictures keep floating into my head and my chest tightens.

What is wrong with me?

I'm just worried because I'm used to her. But then again, is that all?

"get me the files from 8a" I say to Becca and she stands up quickly and walks to the shelf. She picks up a stool but unfortunately for her, she topples over before she reaches the top.

I saved emiliana when she almost fell that time.

Darn! Why her again?

"I'm sorry sir!" She says getting on her feet quickly

"forget it, I am going out for some air" I say annoyed and walk outside.

Everything reminds me of emiliana. The hall, everywhere.
I hear my phone ring and I pick it up.

"daniel" I call remembering what happened few days ago.

"you need to come quickly, I'll text you the address. I found a clue to who framed emiliana" he says quickly and without thinking, run into my car and drive off as Daniel's message pops up and I drive according to his address.

*******
The building is a small tattoo shop. Daniel is waiting for me outside.

"I have been going to different tattoo shops but none of them knew the tattoo. This is the last one and the man seems to have an idea but he doesn't want to speak" Daniel explains sequentially and I nod at him.

"let's ask him again" I say and Daniel leads me inside.

The man is seated on his desk designing some new sketch.

"do you know this tattoo? " I ask and Daniel shows him the tattoo again.

"I already said I didn't, don't disturb me" he eyes us and returns back to his sketch.

I throw some wads of note on the table and his eye widens at it.

"what did you say you wanted to know again? "he asks adjusting on his seat.

"the bearer of this tattoo" Daniel and I ask at the same time.

"the thing is we have lots of customers and some have the same tattoo so it will be hard to find them" he says

"from what I learnt, you have not more than five customers every month. Also you take records of tattoo and their owners" Daniel says

The man takes out a small note which proves Daniel right that he didn't have lots of customers.