chapter eight

Emiliana's POV
The ride to Mr Raphael's parents is silent and slow.  We say nothing to each other and I watch him silently steering the wheel easily.

Shortly,  we arrive at a mansion with expensive cars parked at the front.  The house resembled the ones in movies. Some security men are standing akimbo with their guns and parading the front of the house.

Mr Raphael signals for me to come down.  I try removing my seatbelt only that it's stuck.  What kind of luck? I pull it but it doesn't budge.

"Mr Raphael," I whimper and he turns around staring at me blankly.  I signal to the seat belt and he sighs bending towards me.  His head is almost touching my chest as he tries to make the seat belt budge.  This for me is a very uncomfortable situation

He mutters some strange words and I stay still nervously watching him.  His strong manly scent drifts into my nose and I sigh nervously hoping this charade will end very soon.

"how did you even get this stuck? " he questions looking up at me. From his reaction, I guess he didn't know that we were so close.  His face is few inches away from mine and with any little movement,  our face would touch. His soft,  full lips part and his eye darts from my eye to my lips.  He shifts a little from his position leaning upwards towards me.

My heart is pounding furiously against my chest making me part my lips to make me breathe properly.  He is slowly closing the distance between us.

Does my boss want to kiss me?

He doesn't like me so why would he want to kiss me.  He sees me as only an assistant....right?

"ah.. It's out" I say quietly as he moved to take the last step.
He jerked back away from me and runs his hand through his hair. He walks down hurriedly and I do the same.

As we reach the gate, he instructs a security to get the gifts from the car.

As we walk inside the building,  I am dumbfounded.  People of high class dressed in expensive clothes and jewelry stand with each other, wine in hand and chatting. The place is lighted with different colors of light and it is truly a beautiful scene.

Soft music plays in the background, giving the atmosphere a peaceful feel.
A buffet is in a side of the hall.  Various dishes are displayed in beautiful plates.  My stomach rumbles and I feel hungry.

Waiters move around the hall with different brands if wine giving those who already emptied their glass.

Mr Raphael walks ahead and I follow beside him.  He pauses and sighs as a middle aged lady approaches us with a grin plastered on her face.

When she reaches us,  I examine her carefully,  her black hair is a Bob bouncing on her shoulder. Her silky dress is loose on her body and her hand holds a shawl. I could slightly see a resemblance between Mr Raphael and her.  The wine in her glass is almost emptied and she drains the out and signals to a waiter.  Picking another one as she finally reaches us.

"hello mother " Mr Raphael greets in one breath a small smile playing on his lips.

"my son!  You made it " she smiles brightly at her son.

"I took some time off work" he grins looking around the hall.

"hi Mrs corrado" I choke out hoping I'm not breaking the lovely mother and son discussion.

"say, who is your... Friend? " she asks a hint of annoyance and sarcasm in her voice.

"mother,  meet emiliana Valdez,  my personal assistant " Mr Raphael says gesturing towards me and I smile brightly at her but she doesn't return it,  instead,  she frowns at Mr Raphael.