chapter twenty five

Amanda's POV
"it's been so long, I didn't realize both of us were apart for so long, we didn't even speak anymore" I say easing myself into the drivers seat, I assured him that I would drive us to wherever I want us to go.

"well, since you became a popular model and all the male and female population loved you, all the ladies wanted to be like you and all the men wanted to have you, I just thought you might be occupied with everything" he says as I turn on a bend.

"at least we are friends again now" I turn to smile at him and he returns the kindness.

Shortly, we arrive at a small restaurant.

"are you sure you want to be here, well except you want "model Amanda Forbes eating cheap food" he says glancing towards the restaurant.

"you are wrong. It's going to be "model Amanda Forbes sighted with general manager of Corrado enterprises" you are going down with me" I smile leading the way to the restaurant.

When we enter, we pick a seat close to the window, it has a great view and the restaurant scents great, mainly of food that tastes like home—not like I know what it tastes like but I think it tastes and scents warmly.

A young, decent looking girl with bangs and black eyes approaches us with the menu in hand.

"good afternoon, what can we get you? " she asks nicely giving us the menu.

"one large chicken, one large bowl of lasagna and a bottle of coke " I say my mouth watering at the combo and Daniel stares at me with mouth agape.

"a bottle of coke will do" he tells the young lady and she leaves to get our order.

"your diet is still in check right? " he asks concerned.

"oh please, consider it a cheat day" I say to him.

"I heard you have a new product launching today, did you bail on work" he asks, closely watching me.

"well, it's just for today" giving am awkward smile, I tuck my hair behind my ear.

"booger" he says in a warning tone like he knew I was lying.

"well, I've been bailing for a while" I admit but my voice sounds more pitiful than it should, Daniel gives me a pitiful smile.

"it's not like thats what I wanted to do anyway, don't get me wrong, I like the fame but modelling isn't really what I want" I say looking outside the window, I feel Daniel's eye on me.

"you can always quit anytime you want" Daniel manages to say.

"if mother will let me 'you must be named the best model in the world and have a happy family with Raphael' in lupita Forbes voice" I say sighing.

"guess I'm closer to one than the latter" I add smiling to myself.

"you are wonderful, you should do what you want. I'll help you with whatever you want. Raphael will too, we are all friends anyway" Daniel tells me holding my hand from across the table.

"all my life, I've done all what my parent wanted, since high school, I've been taught to cling onto Raphael like a lifeline. I wanted something else, something every young girl dreams of. Having the most romantic relationship ever. Raphael didn't want that,  he likes me a lot but it's just like he's friend-zoning me" I say sniffing and wiping the tears at the corner of my eye.

"you are still very young to experience all that you want" Daniel says. His eyes looks sadly at me, like he knew the pain I was in.  His hand squeezes mine tighter and he gives me a smile,  sad smile.