chapter twenty nine

emiliana's POV
"thank you" I smile at Raphael who stares at me with longing as I exit his car. he makes his way out too and in a few seconds, I find him beside me

"sorry about tonight" he says simply intertwining our hands as I lean on his shoulder.

"no need" I look up at him from my position and he plasters a kiss on my forehead. I go for a hug and Raphael holds me tightly. I felt safe in his hands listening to his heart beat at a slow, normal pace. I didn't want to let go and raphael's grip got tighter every second.

"gotta go" I finally say freeing myself from his grip. he smiled at me and folded his hands across his chest.

"don't forget our trip" he says casually.

I felt the trip would be amazing. just the two of us without anyone else like his mother, my debt collectors. I immediately remembered them, they had not stop by the house in the longest time. maybe they no longer had time for me or maybe they were busy with new people who were desperate enough to go to them for money and then unable to pay.

"hey! you are not planning to bail on me are you" Raphael called concerned etched over his face.

"no silly" I laughed leaving a peck on his cheek. he started laughing too out of relief.

"goodnight" I say stepping back and watched him enter his car.

"go straight in" he yells as he starts driving off. waving at his disappearing car, I walk inside and shut the door. dropping my bag and pulling off my shoes. my leg hardly hurt anymore only a little bit of redness. I collapsed on my bed and called Jasmine. I haven't spoken to her in like forever.

"hey" I call excitedly

"hey sister, thought you forgot you had me" jasmine says sarcasm in her voice.

"I missed you, you hardly ever come around " I say sincerely massaging my neck.

"well, I've been busy with my new book which I can't seem to get past the first chapter and jake has been really helpful" Jasmine replies sighing.

it was so unlike Jasmine to have a writer's block. when she had no idea or motivation she would take a walk and when she came back, she would sit in front of her computer till she had poured every thing out.

but then...

"who is jake?" I ask and what I get in return is her childish giggle before she replies.

"my new boyfriend" she giggle again as if in that moment she was thinking of him.

"nice guy?" I ask. Jasmine always picked guys that had the same vibe as her. they were usually bubbly and kind as her.

"yes! he is amazing, you know what, I'll come over tomorrow to pay my favorite person a visit and tell you all about him and maybe you can give me an idea for my book, oh! maybe I need the walk down that sashimi restaurant" she rambled on in excitement.

"no, I'll be going on a trip tomorrow. but if you really need the walk, you can come over " I knew she would quiz me on the trip so I braced my self for her questions.

"is it a business trip" her voice came low and quiet probably disappointed that she won't see her big sister. I thought for a while, I'm going on a trip with my boss.

"yeah, it is" i reply

"I'll see you when you come back, ok? anyways, I gotta go! safe trip!" she yells and then ends the call.

"I love you" I whisper before shooting up from my bed  and pulling out my medium sized box. I start by putting in my clothes and sanitaries. I'm always amazed at how many things were able to go into the box. my mind trailed back to when I went to Vegas. that was the last time I travelled.

I breathe in and continue packing my things

Daniel's POV
"do you want to see" Amanda asks again tapping my hand lightly.  my mind had trailed off thinking of why she would want to show me something so personal. sure, we have  been spending so much time together but with Amanda I couldn't tell what she was thinking.

"are you sure? I think it's really personal" the words come out quietly and I hope she wouldn't take it the wrong way.

she put her thumb on her lower lip and sighed. she always looked amazing when she did that. she stands up abruptly her mini skirt flapping around her long fair legs. she takes me by the hand and leads me upstairs.

"I've been so close to you lately, so I can show you anything. plus you don't have to feel guilty, I really want to do this" Amanda says as her grip on my hand tightens. she leads me to her room which I have been to a couple of times.

vast aesthetic room with big curtains shielding the room from the light, magazines scattered around and Amanda's photos from photo shoots hanging around.

Amanda tugs on my hand and I follow her lead to a bookshelf.  she breathes in before pressing a button and the bookshelf giving way and opening to show a door.

"wow, talk about a good hiding place" I gasped as she opened the door and went inside, me following closely behind her.

it was beautiful-her paintings. they were of different colours. some were just just random colours splashed together but it still looked amazing. mothers with their children, pure nature, and paintings of roads were hanged on the wall. some were unfinished while many others were piled on one corner.

"it's..it's beautiful, no, stunning, Amanda" I say admiring the paintings.

"you think so" she asks relief in her voice.

I nodded.

"all these years I kept painting, not knowing if people would like them. It was just right that I kept it a secret" she smiled folding her hands over her chest. she lowered herself on the floor and crossed her legs over each other. I joined her on the floor folding my legs too.

"but why, they are amazing" I smile looking around the room. the smell of paint was present in the air but it was calming for some reasons.

"my parent never liked the idea of me painting, mother hit me so much I stopped painting for a while.  people who live here with me are constantly watching me, to see if I have any stains on my body so they can go and rattle to my parents who think that modelling is better than painting.

I sighed able to see Amanda better now, she has lived her whole life wearing things that she didn't like and a job she didn't want.  I felt something in my heart but I couldn't tell what it was, sadness for her or the thought of wanting to protect and show her for who she really is.

"I'm so sorry" I pull her in for a hug and her hand tightens around me before she pulled away.

"but with you it's different, I don't have to be someone else with you. I don't have to be the perfect girl, I don't have to mean to people around you just to feel better about myself. I don't have to worry about you hearing about my past" she said and I  smile brightly at her. I feel better for making her feel better.

she leaned in slowly and kissed me on the lips. her plump red lips encircled mine and I hold her small waist. he scent wafts into my nose intensifying the burning tension in the air.
the feeling was amazing. having her run her hands over my shoulder and down my back. since emiliana, I haven't had this overwhelming feeling. as Amanda turned and straddled me and me trailing kisses down her neck, I knew that this feeling won't go away soon.

that's it guys! I know this chapter is really short but I think it will do for now. I have finished my exam and I'm at home now so I'll have more time to post updates.

what do you guys think of this chapter.
do you ship Amanda and daniel?

don't forget to vote,comment and share