C H A P T E R 1 7

Don't call it revenge. Returning the favor sounds nicer.

"So what's the plan?" Olivia questioned after breakfast when I told her that I was going to get back at Ethan.

"The classic one. I'm going to put many alarm clocks in his room, three to be exact. The one in his room, the one from my room and the one in yours," I replied, taking a small sip of my coffee.

"You should've been more creative with your plan. I'm very disappointed," Olivia said, shaking her head at me.

"Hey! That's all I could come up with. Although I did consider other ideas," I retorted.

"Yeah? Like what?"

"Like putting eye drops in his drink to give him a severe diarrhoea but I couldn't find eye drops. I also considered sticking wet cotton balls all over his expensive cars but that would just spoil those beauties and I would never allow that. Also at some point I thought of sticking needle pins on his toilet seat but that's just gross so I let it pass," I said, scrunching my nose up in disgust.

Olivia let out a breath through her mouth. "Impressive," I heard her mutter. "So you're going to do this at nighttime?"

I nodded. "He sleeps around midnight so I'll sneak into his room and set this up."

"And he'll leave the door open for you to do this, right?" Olivia asked sarcastically.

"I've got this planned out, Olivia. There are keys to every room in this mansion. Mrs. Jenson told me that she keeps it in the kitchen, near the fridge. I'll find it," I assured her, finishing my coffee which had turned slightly cold. I placed it on the empty dining table and almost immediately one of the servants came out of the kitchen with a tray in his hands which had two more empty coffee mugs on it. He picked mine up and trotted back into the kitchen.

"Looks like you've planned everything out," Olivia said once the servant was out of sight.

"I told you I had," I replied, rolling my eyes. "Anyways, I'm going to go and take a shower now," I said, hopping off the chair, waving a short goodbye to her.

On my way upstairs to my room, I bumped into Samara who was almost drowning in a sea of clothes and a heavy looking suitcase.

"Hey Samara, what's this?" I asked, staring at how she was struggling to hold on to the suitcase and the clothes at the same time.

"Mr. and Mrs. Jenson are leaving for Paris tomorrow evening to celebrate there twenty-seventh wedding anniversary in the same place where Mr. Jenson proposed Mrs. Jenson," Samara giggled, slightly out of breath.

"Oh, so they're leaving tomorrow?" I asked to confirm. "My mom didn't tell me anything about this."

"Yes ma'am, they are," she said, finally giving up and putting the suitcase down to catch her breath although she still had those sea of clothes on her.

"How long would they be gone for?"

"I'm not sure. I think it's for two weeks," she said. "But don't worry they'll be back before your birthday," she smiled brightly. "Now I must really get to work. If there is anything that you need, please don't hesitate to call me." She said and with a huff she had the heavy suitcase in her hands again as she made her way downstairs.

Mr. and Mrs. Jenson were going to be out of town - heck, out of country for a whole two weeks. I rejoiced at the idea of not having to act like their daughter for two weeks. What a relief. At least that would ease out some guilt that was eating me up alive and help me think straight for once.