C H A P T E R 2 4

Not all storms come to disrupt your life, some come to clear a path.

Something was wrong. Ethan hadn't done anything to me yet. It was like he had forgotten that I threw him into the pool that afternoon.

It had been three days since I had done that. He had dug himself into work and we barely saw each other these days. Although I was happy to not see his rotten face, it still worried me. What if he had something huge planned?

I hated being caught off guard. I used to know that he was going to do something before but now he had gone silent. He doesn't look at me anymore, much less glare at me. He doesn't throw any snide remarks or do something pejorative.

I didn't like this at all. If he was giving up, I would've liked to know. I didn't want to watch my every step, look over my shoulder afraid he was going to pop out of nowhere and scare me off. It sucked to be on guard every time.

Mr. and Mrs. Jenson had to cut short their trip. Their anniversary was two days ago and we all wished them via Skype. They were due to return the following night as something came up and it needed Mr. Jenson's attention and Ethan was busy with other things. Mrs. Jenson didn't mind as she had her own business to look after.

"Where's my favorite daughter?" Charlotte Jenson asked just as she returned home with her husband. "There she is." She said, looking at me who was sat on the living room couch with Olivia, watching TV. She took me into her arms and I returned the hug. The Jenson family members were big huggers. And their hugs were too tight to the point where it left me slightly breathless.

"What have you girls been up to lately?" She asked, taking a seat on the couch beside me while Mr. Jenson gave me a less tight hug than his wife before caressing my cheek and and leaving in a hurry because he had a meeting in an hour.

"Nothing much really."

"Hmm...oh, I wanted to tell you two that there are a slew of events this month. And we all will attend them. It's really important to attend these events. Juliet and Olivia, I want you guys to be present on at least half of these events. Is that okay with you?" She asked.

Olivia and I looked at each other. "Will there be reporters and media?" Olivia asked.

"Of course. They're all public events and the media will only be present outside. They won't be allowed inside," she replied. "Honey, you don't mind coming out into the open, right?"

I looked at her and gave a hesitant smile. "Uh...I'm not exactly ready yet."

She nodded in understanding. "Don't worry. Like I said before, the reporters will only be present outside the venues. Only certain photographers and news reporters will be allowed to cover the events over their news channels. I'll ensure that the spotlight wouldn't be on you."

"Oh, okay."

She gave me a side grin before getting up. "So, I heard Rachael took you to show her creations."

"Yeah, she did. They were really good. She's so talented," I said honestly.

"I know. But we'll only get to see her work at the show. Which is about two or three weeks away. I can't wait to see my darling daughter's hard work. This was her dream since a long time and I'm just happy she's getting what she deserves."

I nodded, smiling brightly at her.

"We'll all be leaving for Paris a few days before the actual show. Your dad has asked - no, more like ordered Ethan to fly with us to Paris too. That poor boy works himself to death. A trip to Paris with us will definitely do him some good."