C H A P T E R 2 9

Don't grow up. It's a trap.

I burst into thunderous laughter as Ethan's face contorted in what looked like pain and it looked like he was going to throw up. He quickly ran to the bathroom to spit it all out while I still couldn't control my giggles.

After I had somewhat calmed myself down, I grabbed a glass of water and drank it. All that laughing made me so thirsty. I quickly sat the glass back down in its place and wiped my mouth with the back of my hand.

There was a morning newspaper lying on the coffee table and I quickly lunged for it to see if there was any news about a certain runaway daughter who had been found.

There was front page news about the car launch party. I quickly skimmed through the article which mainly described the features of the car and what Mr. Jenson had said. Then it mentioned the celebrities and socialites who made an appearance at the party. Nowhere was it mentioned about Mr. Jenson's daughter. There were pictures of the guests on the second page with one of the picture being of Ethan and Heather kissing. Yuck.

I was in one of the pictures though. It was one of the guests' pictures. There was a woman and a man and I was a little behind them. I was barely recognizable but I was there in the background. The lighting managed to conceal half of my face. I doubted anyone would pay close attention to that.

Ethan came stomping angrily into the living room. He looked like he had puked. He grabbed his glass of water and downed it in one go. There wasn't much water left in it anyways. He had drank half of it already and I had taken a few sips.

"You shouldn't have messed with my cookies. Not the cookies." He growled and I put on a mock sympathetic look.

"I was hoping you would like the flavor I added to it," I said and chuckled.

"Shut up."

He snatched the paper from my hands and left after giving me one last glare.

My phone vibrated in my shorts pockets and I took it to see I had received a text message from an unknown number.

Hey sexy. Want to go on a date with me? Send nudes xxx

My eyes widened at the vulgar text message and if I had been eating something I was sure it would have been thrown out and across the room my now.

Who the hell would text me something so indecent? How did the person even get my number?

I was afraid to text back. The message was marked as read and I saw that the person was typing something. The text was never sent, but instead I got a call from the unknown number. I bit my lip, debating whether to take the call or not.

I finally slid a finger across the screen and accepted the call.

"Hello?" I said nervously.

"Hey!" A weird manly voice spoke through the phone and I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion. The voice sounded a little girly to belong to a man, but sounded like a man nonetheless.