C H A P T E R 7 4

You're always one decision away from a totally different life.❞

JULIE'S POV

I shot up into a sitting position once my eyes opened. I immediately regretted sitting up so abruptly because the room spun at great speeds. I squeezed my eyes shut and pressed my fingers into my temples. It took some time for me to recall the last thing I could remember which was the argument with Heather.

I sighed. I was again torn between what was the right thing to do and what I was forced to do.

I noticed an Advil on my nightstand. I immediately chased it down with water, grateful to whoever put it there for me because my headache had just started to set in.

The atmosphere at the breakfast table was tense. I had woken up late and everyone had already had their breakfast. Ethan had left for work and I regretted not being able to catch him before he left.

I didn't remember much from last night after my argument with Heather. I just hoped I hadn't done anything stupid but if looking at my parents and even Olivia who were sitting at the table even when they didn't need to were anything to go by, I did do something big and stupid.

I quickly swallowed down my breakfast even when I had no appetite and scrambled out of there to put away my dishes where I quickly whipped out my phone which was vibrating like crazy all this time.

I ignored the thousands of notifications and googled Juliet Jenson.

THE RUNAWAY PRINCESS HAS FINALLY BEEN FOUND AND SHE HASN'T GOT ANY BETTER

JULIET JENSON MAKES A WILD AND DRAMATIC DRUNK COMEBACK. WHERE HAD SHE BEEN ALL THESE YEARS?

IS JULIET JENSON DATING ETHAN EVANS?

THE SCANDALOUS QUEEN IS BACK. SOME PEOPLE NEVER CHANGE

CLOSE FRIENDS REVEAL JULIET JENSON WAS FOUND MONTHS AGO AND DIDN'T WANT TO FACE THE WORLD AFTER ALL HER SHAMELESS ANTICS

"No." I screeched quietly. All the articles were about my outburst outside the party. My pictures were all over. I was crying and my makeup was a mess.

Apparently I had stormed out of the party to encounter the paparazzi who recognized me and in a drunken fit I had yelled that I was Juliet Jenson and then proceeded to admit all the things that the real one had done. It was all very dramatic and I was very embarrassed. I didn't want to face anyone after this. I wanted the ground to open up and swallow me whole, never to see the light of the day ever again.

I took excessively long to do my dishes and then escaped to my room stealthily because I smelt a confrontation waiting with my parents.

This was it. This was the end. I was going to get caught and thrown out. There was no way Juliet wasn't going to come across the articles. I didn't even get to tell Ethan the truth. I was going to tell him after the party but then I got drunk because of what Heather told me to do and now everything was going to go down. I wondered how long I had until Juliet showed up. I needed to get out of here before that happened.

Before I could take a drastic decision there was a knock on the door. I approached slowly, fearing it were the parents.

"Julie," Olivia whispered. I almost broke the door with how forcefully I wrenched it open.