C H A P T E R 5 8

No storm can last forever.❞

Vince was very fast when it came to planning parties. Literally the next day I got a call from him saying that the party was tonight at eight. Everyone who was between eighteen to thirty years of age was invited.

I was told that roughly a hundred and fifty people were invited. That was just how many people Vince knew. Amelia, Heather, Olivia, Tristan, Ethan were the only people I knew that were invited.

Rachel and Antonio couldn't make it because they were overseas. Antonio had gone to visit his supermodel girlfriend, Audrey Wave. Rachel was busy travelling across the globe to advertise and promote her new clothing line.

Thank God it was a masquerade party. I didn't even want to think about what would've happened if all the people who were invited to the party recognized me. I would make sure to pick a mask which covered most of my face to be extra safe.

I hadn't seen Olivia much since she returned from her sleepover with Heather. Something was definitely up with her but I had my own problems that were keeping me busy.

One thing I had noticed in Olivia was that she seemed a little malnourished. She looked frail and sick. I knew I had to have a talk with her. I was worried about her. She spent most of her time cooped up in her room and she didn't eat well during meals. She seemed distant.

I was in my room getting ready. I hadn't seen Ethan for the whole day which was a relief but at the same time was unsettling for me. I just hoped he'd be fine. He should be.

I was ready and was waiting for Vince to come and pick me up as I didn't know where he lived.

I wore a one shoulder black gown which was black at the top and gradually turned dark blue at the bottom with crystal sequins at one side of the waist and on the shoulder strap. I paired it with a pair of sparkly silver heels and silver earrings. I also wore a diamond studded ring.

Vince came to pick me up soon enough and then we were off to his house. Ethan was going to be there too. Right now he was on his way to pick up Heather from her place. He didn't come home to change. Samara told me that he had a lot of work so he asked someone to send his suit to his office. If he had a lot of work why was he even coming to the party?

Vince pulled up into the driveway of his mansion which was as big as the Jenson's and led me inside and into the ballroom.

A band was playing some song at a corner and food was laid out for whoever was hungry. The balcony doors were open for anyone wishing to get some fresh air. People were talking and some couples were dancing to the music.

I hid my face from everyone until we made it to the table where masks were laid out. I quickly selected a silver one because that one looked good with my dress and quickly put it on. Vince put on a dark blue one and looked at me expectantly.

"Yeah it looks good on you." I said, knowing that he was asking about that.

"Thanks. You want to meet my friends from university?"

"No."

"Come on, they all want to know who my new girlfriend is." He said tugging on my arm and leading me away from the table.

"Vince, I'm your girlfriend only in front of Ethan."

"I know. I was kidding. I'll tell them you're my friend. They don't know that I dated you. They also don't know that you tried to buy me. The media only said that you tried to buy someone but they didn't reveal my name so no one but our families and close friends know what really happened. Relax."