C H A P T E R 6 3

Distance gives us reason to love harder.❞

After debating with myself, I finally decided to go talk to Heather. She had gone through a lot in a single day and I wanted to make sure she was okay.

I pushed open the door of her room where she'd be staying for a few days. It was about five and I could see that she had only just taken a shower. Last night she couldn't sleep because she was planning to reveal herself and she was so nervous, she couldn't get any sleep so after the morning drama, she went to sleep and had only just woken up.

"Hey, come in." She invited me in and so I went and sat on a chair. "What brings you here?"

"I just wanted to know if you were okay."

"I'm fine now." She said and attempted a tiny smile but evidently she was still sad.

We were quiet for a while and I scrambled my brain for what to say. "You surprised me with your reveal. I never imagined you'd be into girls. You were fake-dating Ethan all these days and you guys kissed on several occasions-" I stopped and cringed at what I just said.

Heather laughed softly. "God, that was terrible. Not that Ethan is a bad kisser. It's just that every time I kissed him, all I could think of was how I felt like I was kissing my brother and you don't know how I withheld my urge to puke every time after that."

"Well then what made you suddenly decide to tell the truth to the world? As far as I know, you wanted to fake date him for a little longer."

She hesitated and her cheeks turned pink. "It was you. You were the reason why I did this."

"Me?" I was surprised. "Why?"

"Because you showed me how brave you were. You went against me and wanted to like Ethan and be with him and even after I threatened to reveal your secret, you still didn't care about what could happen to you. You decided to chase after your feelings and not be a coward. You decided not to let others control your emotions and didn't lie to yourself and I realized if you can, why can I not? Why was I being such a coward? It's so unlike me. And so I decided to let the world know about me and my reasons for not telling it before. And now you get to date Ethan without feeling jealous of me."

"I'm happy to hear I was your inspiration. So did Ethan know about you before anyone else?"

"Yes, and Amelia too. Juliet knows too. I talked to her last night and she gave me a talk about how strong I am and how what the world or my mother had to say shouldn't matter to me and I should just be true to myself."

"You have great friends."

"Yeah. I'm so lucky to have them."

"So are you dating anyone?"

"I'm not." She blushed.

"What's your ideal type of girl?"

She paused to think. "I don't know. I just want someone who would love me genuinely."

"I'm sure you're going to find that lucky woman."

"I hope so too."

Not knowing what else to say and because it was starting to get awkward I left telling her that I'd see her at dinner.

Just as I closed her door behind me, I saw Ethan and he was about to go into Heather's room.

"You're back early." I noted.

"Yeah, I wanted to make sure Heather is okay."

"I just talked to her. She said she's fine now."