C H A P T E R 3 3

Same shit. Different day.

It had been five days since my dinner with Ethan. In those five days there was a phenomenal change in Ethan's behavior towards me. Although he still got irritated with me sometimes but it was nothing major. We would greet each other and let silence settle between us before one of us made attempts at small talk. We weren't harsh or rude towards each other anymore. I knew he still thought of me as some type of a rich, stuck up brat but I could see that he was getting to see a whole new side of me. A side which had a large part of the real me and very little to nothing of Juliet.

Just two days before my real and my fake birthday which would strangely coincide coincidentally, there was a huge uproar in the Jenson household. I had gathered from Olivia that Mrs. Jenson had cancelled all her previous plans and now there would only be a private dinner celebration with close friends and family.

Charlotte was summoning Olivia every day for even the tiniest detail for my birthday party. I could see that she was more excited than anyone else for her daughter's birthday.

I kind of understood her emotions. I would be overjoyed too if I were to find my runaway daughter. Putting myself in her shoes, I couldn't blame her for acting like a kid in a candy shop.

Olivia had told me that a huge hall at a five star hotel has been booked and measures were taken to keep tight security and not to let anyone slip by. The guest list would be limited, as limited as the Jenson's can make it happen. Olivia didn't have much say in the guest list though which was fine because she had done everything she could to help me out.

I was glad things had turned out the way we wanted to. Without Heather this couldn't have been possible and we would've got caught in a matter of days. With Heather guiding me on how to hold myself up convincingly, I felt a lot more confident now.

It was a little after lunch. I was chatting with Keith until he had to go grocery shopping. The Jenson's always sent the cooks to shop for the house as they believed that fresh and best quality products can only be identified by a reputed chef. Keith and his friend, Farhan Habib were both appointed the task of grocery shopping twice or thrice a week depending on need.

At around four in the afternoon, two cars pulled up at the front. Rachael stepped out carrying Rebecca and Antonio stepped out from the other car.

Rachael rushed to hug me.

"I'm so excited for your birthday!" She exclaimed, squeezing poor Rebecca between us.

She groaned sleepily and Rachael shifted her head so that Rebecca's cheek was resting on her shoulder. It didn't take long for her to wake up and start running around the mansion, calling for me to catch her.

Antonio ruffled my hair and without much of a greeting, stepped inside the mansion.

They had came here to spend time with me before my birthday but that wasn't possible most of the time because Rebecca was a ball of energy. She pleaded with me and even Olivia to play hide and seek with her.

Olivia didn't last long in the game and she walked away, tired.

"I'm never having kids of my own," she muttered.

Olivia didn't hate kids but didn't like them either. According to her, they were annoying, whiny and cried way too much and way too loudly for her liking. And she only ever liked them when they were asleep.

With great difficulty I was finally able to put little Rebecca to sleep on my bed.

When I went downstairs, my siblings were sprawled in the living room, stuffing themselves with ice cream and watching movies. Olivia was not there so I assumed she'd be in her room.