C H A P T E R 2 8

Secrets are revealed only if they are carelessly kept or smartly figured out.

I almost forgot that I had to meet up with Heather at her house. It dawned on me when I was eating breakfast and replaying the previous night's happenings in my head.

I looked at the clock hanging on the wall and it read ten-twenty three. I remembered her asking, no, more like ordering me to be present in her room at sharp eleven. That meant I had a little over thirty minutes to get to her house, wherever it was.

I asked Samara to check if Heather had sent a car here to pick me up while I gobbled up as many waffles as my mouth could possibly manage. Leaving half of it uneaten, I gulped down some juice in less than fifteen seconds.

I didn't have time to go upstairs and change and my outfit was not bad anyway. Samara then came to inform me that the driver had been waiting for me for about twenty minutes already.

I quickly ran to my room to see if I at least looked presentable. I brushed my hair a little and slipped into a pair of wedges because I couldn't find any sneakers or flip flops. All of my shoe stand was crowded with a couple dozens of stiletto heels.

I told Samara to tell anyone who asked about me to say that I had gone over at Heather's.

When I reached the driveway, I found the driver waiting. When he noticed me, he started up the car as I slid in, and drove out of the mansion gates.

It was quite a long drive or maybe that was what it felt like. The ride seemed to go on forever. I was scared to meet Heather. She just told me that she wanted to hang out with me but I knew there was more to it. There was a reason she wanted to meet me.

I suddenly remembered that she had asked me to wear the bracelet Juliet and Heather gave each other. What the hell was I going to say to her about that?

I could just tell I forgot it at home. It was not like I had the bracelet with me so I had no other option but to tell her that. I hoped she'd not make a big fuss out of it and would just let it pass.

I wasn't sure if I'd be able to dodge her questions about the bracelet more than a few times. Too many times would make her suspicious of me.

The car drove through another mansion gates and pulled into the driveway. I made my way out of the car and towards the main door. Hesitating for a moment, I reached out a hand and pressed the doorbell.

Almost immediately a maid answered the door and let me in. I asked her where Heather was and she told me she was waiting for me in her room. I glanced at the watch on my wrist and it showed me the time fourteen minutes past eleven.

She had been waiting for nearly fifteen minutes. After getting the directions to her room, I walked towards it. It was on the fourth floor of the mansion. I walked through a long hallway with rooms on either sides. The hallway was bathed in dim lighting and flower vases and paintings adorned the walls.

I stood in front of a particular door which was supposedly Heather's bedroom.

I smoothed my curls from yesterday and took a few deep breaths. I just hoped she wouldn't decide to have a walk down memory lane with me today because I honestly wouldn't be able to get through it without my secret being revealed.