C H A P T E R 7 1

If it's not your story to tell, you don't tell it.❞

Just as I unfolded the papers to what looked like some sort of a receipt, the door burst open and in came Olivia clutching her stomach. She could barely hold herself up.

"Olivia! Are you okay?" I asked as I rushed to her and held her up.

She tried reaching for the papers clutched in my hand but I moved it away from her. She convulsed, slipping from my grasp and dropping to the ground in a fetal position.

"Oh my God, Olivia. What's happening?"

I suddenly felt Amelia's presence next to me and I turned to her for help but she already had her phone pressed to her ear. I vaguely heard her call a doctor urgently as I helped Olivia to her bed.

She looked a lot better after a doctor came and checked up on her.

I showed him the pills I had found. Heather came after Amelia called her and had initially told us to leave but I wasn't having it.

"What did you do to her?" I had almost yelled at her, unable to keep the bitterness from my voice.

"I didn't do anything." She had replied curtly.

No matter how much I tried, she didn't give away anything.

Then the doctor came and gave something to Olivia and she instantly felt better after that.

Before that I had looked at the receipts and her diary. I had no idea she went through so much without me having an inkling about it.

"Have you been neglecting those pills?" The doctor asked Olivia.

She nodded.

"Have you been skipping meals?"

She shook her head. "I didn't eat much. I didn't have an appetite."

"That's not good. You shouldn't starve yourself and should take your prescribed pills every day. It's not healthy for you to keep up with this."

"I just...I didn't feel like I deserved to be healthy after what I did."

"I understand you might be depressed after an abortion but moral support is very important. Have you girls not being looking after her mental health?" The doctor turned his questioning gaze at us and I gritted my teeth.

The three of us were silent.

"We didn't know she had an abortion. She was keeping it from us." I said.

"I knew. I was helping her as much as I could." Heather said.

"I warned you about the risks associated with the surgical abortion. You're making it worse by not taking care of yourself." Dr. Moore said, turning back to Olivia. "What are the side effects you're still experiencing?"

"Cramps, heavy bleeding and fever."

"That's normal. In some cases the side effects persist up to three weeks. Please take care of yourself and take those pills I gave you before and the ones I gave you now at the prescribed time."

Olivia didn't answer so he turned back to us. "Please make sure she does what I told her."

"Yes, doctor. Thank you." I answered.

After he left, I turned to the girls and asked if I could talk to Olivia alone.

Heather didn't want to but she later complied and left with Amelia. Now it was just Olivia and I left.