C H A P T E R 4 7

❝Marriage is an endless sleepover with your favorite weirdo.❞

BROOKE AND BRIAN'S WEDDING

This chapter is a special one. The lead characters of Something Between Us, Brooke Parker and Brian Smith's wedding.

In order to not confuse those who came to read this chapter directly after reading Something Between Us and then A Second Chance (SBU spinoff), this chapter is not written in Julie's/Juliet's POV (Julie/Juliet is one of the main characters in this book). It's a third person POV.

○●●○

For those who have read Something Between Us and came just for this chapter.

If you've not followed the sequence I mentioned in SBU and are confused as to why Jake is in this chapter, then let me remind you that the sequence in which you have to read the complete story is:

1. Something Between Us

2. A Second Chance (spinoff of SBU but can be read as a standalone paranormal/fantasy short story).

3. Chapter 47 of TBUD (second epilogue)

It doesn't matter if you just want to read Something Between Us or if you just want to read A Second Chance, it won't confuse you at all. Reading this second epilogue is completely up to you. It doesn't affect the story. It's just Brooke and Brian's wedding.

○●●○

Also I don't know much about how Christian weddings work but I've done my research and I hope there aren't any mistakes. If there are please point it out. I'd be really grateful.

●♡●♡●♡●♡●♡●♡●♡●♡●♡●♡●♡●♡

Today was the day.

Brooke and Brian's wedding.

Brooke Parker was now a successful twenty-six year old CEO of her father's company which once crumbled down due to a family issue but was brought back up by her. She was seen as an idol by many aspiring businesswomen. She was also known to be a kind woman who generously donated to charity.

Brian Smith was now a twenty-seven year old self made CEO of a rising company. It was interesting to see that these two young CEOs of their respective companies competed with each other in the market whereas in their private life they were lovers.

They had been together for over ten years now. Brooke had often faced criticism for being with a man less successful than her to which she fired back by saying that Brian's company was made by him whereas she had only picked up her dad's company from where it was left off and so she thought very differently of who was more successful.

So as the world waited to witness the union of two strong and successful people who were lovers as well as rivals, the bride in her room was getting cold feet and the groom was feeling that she deserved better.

Her maid of honor, Claire who was her best friend since forth grade was trying her best to calm her down. The bridesmaids, a trio of girls - Amelia, Heather and Vanessa, who the bride was extremely close to were flocking around her to make sure everything from her hair to her dress to her makeup and heels were perfect.