C H A P T E R 2 2

The best revenge?
Having enough self worth to not seek it and to focus on your growth instead.

It all started when I sat down with Rebecca, helping her paint and color her coloring book. Everything was going fine but the moment I found my hand reaching to scratch my back again, I knew something was wrong.

Then the torture started.

I probably looked like a demented monkey with the way I couldn't stop scratching my body. It felt like my body was on fire. Every part of my body that was covered by the clothes I had put on itched intensely.

The worst part, I wasn't able to do anything about it. Rebecca had me engaged in a grueling coloring session of her book which she wanted to complete today. Every time I attempted to leave and soothe myself of the torture, she would start crying hysterically and that would force me to stay put.

When I had finally managed to slip out of Rebecca's clutches, Rachael got hold of me and ordered me to call for Antonio immediately because it was supposed to be sibling time and he was still not present.

There were no maids nearby. I protested and even asked if I could go later but she glared at me and demanded I present Antonio before her in less than three minutes.

Huffing, I sprinted in a random direction. I hadn't even bothered to know in which room of this massive mansion he was residing in.

I pulled open doors to locked bedrooms and guest rooms only to shut it again because there was no Antonio in it. Two minutes had already passed when I came to the aggravating realization that he was not staying in any room downstairs. I moved upstairs and continued on with the search. I didn't even know why I searched in conference and store rooms. I guessed the itching really got to me to the extent that I wasn't logically thinking. Nevertheless, I searched every possible room to look for my brother.

I was positive that I was red on the inside by now, literally.

Finally, I found dear Antonio who was momentarily, unintentionally and unknowingly torturing me. I found him there on his king sized bed, sprawled out on it without a care in the world.

I walked closer and shook him by the shoulder.

"Get up." I said impatiently.

He didn't budge so I shook him harder. "Get up!"

By now I was squirming in my place, trying hard to not let my hands wander off to one of the areas of my body which itched the most to be scratched to relief.

After countless ineffectual attempts at waking Antonio up who slept like a dead person, I finally gave up on doing it politely.

Without having second thoughts, I darted across the room and towards the water kept on the nightstand. Uncovering it, I grabbed it and splashed it on his handsome face.

There was no reaction but after a few seconds, he finally rolled over and away from the wet spot on his bed.

"What do you want?" Came his groggy voice, muffled by the pillow in which he had stuffed his face in.

"Rachael wants you downstairs. Now."

"Yeah, I'll be there," He stated simply, raising his hand up to wave me off but made no attempts to move.

I knew he wasn't going to wake up so I clutched onto his arm and tried to drag him out of bed.

I quickly gave up on it as he just moved about an inch.