C H A P T E R 2 0

Before you start a war, you better know what you're fighting for.

"I want to show you something today," Rachael stated, barging into my room and catching me off guard as I was slipping into a shirt.

"What?" I asked, pushing the shirt down and looking at her.

"You'll get to know. Just dress up as soon as you can and we'll get going in a few minutes. There's probably going to be some media out there where I'm taking you because some idiot accidentally leaked out the information that I'm going to be present there today," Rachael huffed, rolling her eyes.

"Um...I don't think that's a good idea. I mean...I'm not used to getting exposed to the media...I-I..." I trailed off for lack of words to explain my situation.

Rachael rose a perfect eyebrow at me. "What? What do you mean you're not used to it?"

Realizing my slip up, I bit down on my tongue harshly and quickly amended my statement. "I-I mean after such a long gap...I'm not ready to face them."

Rachael looked sympathetically at me. "I understand but don't worry, I got it covered. I promise no one will get any pictures of you. Just dress up and I'll be waiting downstairs."

"Can Olivia tag along too. I promise she won't be any trouble." I asked because really if she wouldn't be there with me, I'd totally blow our cover.

Rachael looked hesitant. "Juliet, what I'm going to show you is something that shouldn't get out there, at least until it's not revealed by myself. Are you sure I can trust Olivia with this?"

"Yes, of course. She wouldn't tell a soul."

"Okay. Bring her along."

"One more thing. How am I supposed to dress up? I don't know where we're going."

"Hmm." She said, stepping closer and making her way to the closet. She rummaged through it for about a minutes before she pulled out a black and white stripped halter dress.

"It's simple yet perfect for this occasion. Tell Olivia to dress similarly."

"Okay."

Thirty minutes later we were all seated in our respective cars and were driven wherever Rachael wanted to take us.

It felt like a long time until we finally pulled into a parking lot who's entrance was crowded by paparazzi. Good thing I had sunglasses on. This was going to take some getting used to.

I looked up and saw we were outside of a building which had 'R∃∀SON' written in big, black and bold letters.

We quickly made our way inside so no one would be able to snap pictures of us. I was being particularly careful about concealing my face.

Once inside, I took in my surroundings. We were in a brightly lit and spacious office which had a long hallway with several rooms, or were they studios?

A friendly looking receptionist greeted us all at the entrance before we were pulled into one of the studios. All around were mannequins assembled in an orderly fashion on a high level stage. I gaped in fascination at the clothing draped over them.

"Do you like them?" Rachael asked, sounding oddly nervous.

"These are so beautiful." I said, not able to form words that would accurately describe the clothes and everything in there.

"This will be my first show. And you're the first person in our family who's getting to see this. I haven't even let mother and father see them."

I turned and met her eyes. "Your first show? You've designed these yourself?" I asked, purely awestruck at how someone could be so talented.