Alters

~Authors Note~

Before you begin reading, I'd just like to give you the pre-warnings of the content within this book. Inside, you may read some rather triggering things that have to do with the mental illnesses featured within this book. At points, this book may be slightly confusing for the fact that I have to write with 1 perspective that has 4 other minds within her head. Of course, most of what will be in this is all guessing on what the mind of a person suffering Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID, or Multiple Personality Disorder) might have going on inside their mind. Of course, everyone's suffers are different with this disorder. Some may suffer it where they have no control over their personalities, or alters. Others may have it where they have almost complete control. I have been doing much research, and this is how I feel it may go on inside the mind of a person with DID. This book will take you on the journey of Lyric, the girl with 4 alters. There will be other mental illnesses featured along this book. You will see characters like Casper, a boy with Major Depressive Disorder, as well as people with Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, and a few other mental illnesses. Of course, many negative thoughts will be in the minds of all these characters, as this book isn't a typical fairytale with happy characters and a "happily ever after." There will, of course, also be some coarse language and ugly truths about Lyrics past, because she would need a traumatic past to result in her having DID. So yes, this book will face the harsh reality and the serious lives of some people. I would not recommend you continue your reading if you are squeamish about rape, abuse, and other things like that, though it will only be mentioned briefly throughout this book. I also would inform you stop if you can't handle harsh words being said, for many of the thoughts and things spoken in this book will be extremely negative.

As well, the point of views will often switch for alters. That being said, Lyrics alters will often be in short, separate chapters. I will give the name of the characters point of view under the chapter so you know who's thinking and who is being referred to as "I". Reminder, each person is very different inside the mind. For example, Micah is portrayed as a 5 year old, meaning many of his thoughts won't include proper English, due to his lack of maturity. As well, Endora will be quite vulgar inside and outside of words, being a negative teenager.

That's all I really need to notify before you read the book. I hope you enjoy :)