Ten

~Micah~

*"He's gonna hurt her for fucks sake." Endora says, trying to hold in her anger.

"Why won't she move out of the goddamn way?" Cecilia mutters.

"She's in shock. Micah, this is your cue." Meg directs, and we all feel a huge 'thud!'

"Shit!" Endora curses, and I quickly switch out with Lyric.*

~~~~~

I open my eyes, laying on the ground on my back. My head hurts lots. Casper and some of the people from MHC look down at me. I don't see any of the people in charge, but I did hear Alec yelling things, so they probably followed him. After all, he has that schitzowhatia. He was probably hearing voices and stuff. That would be scary if the voices weren't like, real. 'Cause I'm a voice, but I'm not scary because I'm actually real. Plus, I'm only a little boy, I'm not that scary.

"Ouchies." I say, grabbing my hurting head. It's been a while since I've been hurted.

"Lyric?" Casper asks.

"Nonono." I say with a giggle. "I'm not Lyric, silly."

I sit up, looking and giggling at everyone. They all look really confused, until I hear Rachel suddenly say "Who are you today?", as if she knew.

"I'm Micah today!" I exclaim, and I hear a bunch of people say "Ooh" 'cause Rachel just solved their confusion. "What even happened?"

"Alec was hearing William again." Damon says.

William is the name of the bad person in Alec's mind. William is trying to get Alex to hurt us lots of the time. It's scary, and if William is very active, I know I need to always be out to save Lyric 'cause I don't want her getting hurt.

"Uh oh." I say, putting a hand in front of my mouth. "Is he okay? William didn't make Alec hurt anyone else besides Lyric, right?"

"Nope. I think Alec was trying to fight William off, and he just panicked and accidentally pushed Lyric and hurt her. Alec didn't mean it, trust me." Damon explains.

Damon is a really understanding person. It makes me sad when he's sad because he's so nice and usually funny. He's a slim boy, but he's not as slim as Casper. Damon looks a bit stronger; you can see his muscles due to how he always is wearing short sleeves, except in winter when he wears hoodies. He likes loud music, but he'll listen to really anything. Any song you name, Damon knows. He knows the names best to bands with sad songs, like he can recite every Mayday Parade and Secondhand Serenade song by heart. He does have that clinical sad thing, so I guess he's upset a lot which is why he knows them well.

I think I'm the only one who sees pain in his sparkling grey eyes.

"Michael ran out of the room to get Alec. Christina has to watch the other group still, so Damon is in charge of helping you. Does your head hurt a lot?" Roslyn asks.

"Yeah." I say with a frown.

"Can someone go to the freezer and the counter and wrap some ice in a cloth to put on Lyr- Micah's head?" Damon directs, and Melina stands up.

"Are you alright?" Casper suddenly says with a frown, looking directly at me.

"Uh, yeah." I say, sitting up. "I didn't feel much of the fall. Lyric did. She won't remember the pain when she's back though. She'll just remember falling."

Casper suddenly does something I don't expect him to do; he gives me a hug. I feel my body tense up, and I can hear faint sounds of Endora freaking out because I know she doesn't trust him yet. My tensing was, in fact, from me though, because most boys are scary, and I don't know Casper well yet. Only Damon is a nice boy to me. Maybe Casper will be like Damon. I mean, they're the same age and stuff, so I could see it.

Casper lets me go, and I look at him, grabbing my head. I can tell he's gonna be a good friend.

"I brought the ice." Melina says, handing the super cold ice rag to me. I lay down and rest it on my head. I wish the ground had a carpet so it would be more comfortable and the fall wouldn't have hurt so much.

I hear the door open but don't look up. I figure it's Michael and Alec. I'm sure Michael made Alec take his medicine to calm him down. I hope next time Alec is in a better mood and is able to ignore William.

I hear someone kneel next to me, and I look to see Alec. His face seems almost expressionless, though I could see the pain in his eyes.

"I'm so- Kyle, stop interrupting me! It's so rude when I'm trying to apologize." Alec says. I know he's talking to one of the people inside his head that are almost like imaginary friends, but they come with the schitzowhatia. "I'm sorry Lyric. I'm sorry for pushing you, and I'm sorry William was being a goddamn asshole for pushing you."

Alec turns to his side and bites his lip and winces. "For gods sake, don't hurt me!" He shouts, grabbing his neck.

"Alec?" Damon asks, attempting to approach.

"Damon be careful! William, get away from him!" Alec shouts, covering his eyes. Michael hands him another thing of medicine, and Alec takes it, sighing.

Casper looks almost scared. I guess Casper hasn't met anyone with Alec's illness, so I get how hard it is for Casper to understand. It was something Alec was born with though, so I guess it's understandable.

*"Micah, I hear Alec. Let me out." Cecilia says as if I had her locked in a house and she was trying to get out.

"Ce, just let Lyric out." Endora mutters. "You can talk to him next time. Alec's 'friends' are all out and acting strangely."

"How is it fair that Micah can come out twice?" Cecilia asks.

"Because this time he actually came out for an important reason." Endora shouts.

"Shut up, I'm letting Lyric out." I tell them, closing my eyes tight and letting Lyric take control.*