Twenty-Four

~Lyric~
Casper acted really weird when I came back. Like, he was super uneasy and basically winced when I held his hand once again. I couldn't help but think of what he and Endora must've discussed. Did she tell him what happened to her? Was she just a bitch to him? What kind of chemistry did they have? The questions keep flowing into my mind, and I have no idea on how to respond to them. Dammit Endora, is it really that hard to pretend to be me?
When Mayday Parade came on to sing as one of the last acts, I felt an arm go around my waist. I turned my head and saw Damon looking at me with a cheeky smile.
"They're gonna sing Hold Onto Me, so I'm going to hold onto you." He whispers. I smile at him, wrapping my free arm around his waist as well. He loves to act cheeky and jokingly flirtatious when he's in a good mood, so I like to keep him in that good mood.
I look towards Casper, whom makes brief eye contact with me and looks down suddenly. I fear he hasn't really understood the type of friendship Damon and I have. I let go of Caspers hand and wrap that arm around his waist, and he looks at me curiously.
"Hold onto me." I smile at him. He gets what we're doing and wraps his arm around my waist as Mayday begins to sing. I feel so comfortable in between Damon and Casper. I feel safe and secure, for they're the two friends I feel best around. I watch Damon wrap his other arm around Roslyn's waist, and she looks up at him curiously. Damon gives her a smile, and she gives him a very light smile back, standing shyly and caving her shoulders inward as she listens to the song.
I felt happy for the rest of the night, and I was upset it was over. The bands were amazing, and it was the first time Roslyn looked truly happy. She had a soft smile on the entire ride home, which made me really happy. She kept that smile until we got to her house.
"I'll text you when I get home." Damon says with a wave. I see her cheeks go slightly pink as she nods, closing the door.
"She's adorable when she's smiling." Damon says. "I wish she'd smile more. She has it really bad."
"Maybe she'll find happiness soon." Melina says. "It's hard when you're in pain."
"Hey, drop me off at Lyric's." Casper suddenly says to Michael. "I have something to do there."
"What?" I suddenly say, my head perking up curiously.
"I just need to ask Hailey something. Will she be home?" He asks.
"Yeah, but can't you do it over the phone?" I question.
"No." He simply states. I nod, though curious.
We drive up to my house and Casper and I hop out as we both thank Michael. We walk to the door, though Casper looks tense until my mom opens the door and allows us in. He kept peering over his shoulder. Now that I think of it, he does that constantly when he comes over, and it's only in the front. Casper has a rough past like I do, so it's best that I just don't ask.
"Casper, what a pleasant surprise!" My mom exclaims happily, though her voice sounds worn out and tired.
"Apologies for the short notice, but may I ask you a question in private?" Casper asks. "If you don't mind, that is."
"Why of course!" My mom smiles kindly. I get the message and walk to my room, closing the door quietly behind me.
I look around my room silently, then grab the journal I keep for my alters and I. I read through it when I'm bored, but some parts are difficult for me to read. I try and avoid any pages that have the slightest hint of a drop of blood, for I know that's a bad page, and I don't need those memories.
After a minute or so of looking through the pages emotionlessly, Casper knocks on my door. I stand up and open it. He gives me a soft smile.
"Would you like to go or stay for an hour?" I ask him.
"Clearly the former." He laughs sarcastically. "Let's go to your backyard."
"What is there to do there?" I ask him.
"Why, when you're outside, you have anything to do, whether it be negative or positive!" Casper exclaims. "There's less to do in backyards though, but at least it protects us from the negatives beyond the gate." Casper opens the door, dragging me behind him after closing the door, then walks onto my lawn. "Besides, the best part of outside is right here. Lay down."
I do as he says, and he lays down beside me.
"Stars are beautiful, aren't they?" He asks, turning his head towards me.
"They are." I sigh with a smile, still looking at them as he moves his head to face upwards once again.
"Back when Morea was around, we used to gaze at them from the rooftop of her barn out in the country." Casper says, his tone growing serious. "When you're out in the country, the city lights and other surroundings can't prevent you from seeing all the beauty the night sky truly contains. When you think of it, the night sky in the city is just like us."
"What do you mean?" I question, turning my head towards him.
"Well, when we first meet someone, we see their first layer. Think of the night sky in the city as their first layer. It's pretty, but you really want to see what else they contain. When you get to know them better, everything around them; your thoughts about them, they begin to disappear as you get deeper into facts on who they are. Eventually, you have their beautiful night sky in the country." Casper turns his head and our noses lightly touch. "I'm still trying to get rid of your surroundings, and you bet there's a whole lot of surroundings to go yet to get my night sky."
I smile, turning my head back up. I close my eyes, and a little voice appears in the back of my head.
*"Lyric, am I allowed to look at the stars with Casper for a little bit?" Micah asks.
I pause, debating whether or not I want this moment ruined. Meanwhile, another part of me doesn't want to reject Micah. He's been so good to me lately, plus I'll always have other chances to stargaze with Casper.
"Sure." I sigh, and allow myself to sink into the dissociative darkness.*