Fifteen

~Meg~

I wake up, stretching my arms. Lyric had begun waking up, but I had taken control abruptly, before she could realize what was happening. I had looked into the journal and quickly read what Lyric had said, then gotten up out of bed and ready for whatever Casper wanted to do today. He can't do very much with me. I mean, I'm twelve, what kind of fun does an eighteen year old have with a twelve year old?

Well, I know what kind sick 40 year olds have, but that's really not the point.

I put on a light amount of makeup. Just like, some concealer and a bit of eyeshadow. I don't go to the extent like the other girls, but it's not like I wear none like Micah. I slide on my selection of clothes; a pair of black tights, a tight-fitting, purple tank top, and Lyrics black leather jacket. As if on cue, the doorbell rings. I run to the door, sliding on my black high-topped Converse shoes, then open the door. Casper stands at the door with a smile, holding three daisies in his hand. Hailey comes running to the door, her hair in a messy bun, her blue satin robe on. She seems to be clutching it, as if she wasn't wearing any pyjamas underneath it. For all I know, she isn't, but I'm not one to judge.

"Oh, what a pleasant surprise, Casper!" Hailey says, sounding out of breath. He must've given her a startle, coming to the door on a weekend morning.

"Oh, my apologies Ms. Rodetelli." Casper says, pulling one of the daisies out of his hand, extending the other two towards Hailey. "For you and your... Significant other that Lyric had told me about." Casper smiles as Hailey takes the two daisies.

"Why thank you Casper." She smiles. "You truly are the sweetest boy I've met."

Suddenly, Maria comes walking out of the room wearing sweats and a large tee shirt, which I assume is what she categorizes as pyjamas. Her hair is down and messy, and she looks like she had just woken up. I've only seen pictures of Maria, but never have I ever seen her in the flesh. She looks rather rough...

"Who is this?" She says in almost a monotone voice, yawning.

"This is Lyrics friend Casper!" Hailey smiles, nudging Maria as her eyes suddenly become more alert. "He's here to pick her up so he can spend the day with Meg." She emphasizes my name, which seems to completely awake Maria.

"Wow, such a pleasant surprise!" Maria suddenly says, sounding almost excited. "I'm Maria Piest."

"Beautiful name for a beautiful woman. Casper Adams." He smiles as Maria giggles.

"I like this boy. You pick 'em right, don't you Lyric?" She smiles, nudging me slightly.

"Actually, I'm Meg. Pleasure to meet you, Maria." I smile as Maria almost gasps.

"Holy shi- I would've never known the difference!" Maria says. "Oh dear, you did do your makeup differently. Oh, you dress so similarly to Lyric... Gosh, I'm not going to get over this..." Maria rambles.

"Um," I say awkwardly, a bit frightened by her, getting slightly overwhelmed. "Hailey, I'm just gonna go grab Lyrics purse and the clonazepam. Casper, just wait a minute." I say, scurrying into the kitchen.

"Clonazepam?" I hear Casper ask Hailey as I quickly grab a glass of water, then popping the lid off of my medication.

"It's her and Lyrics anxiety medication." Hailey responds as I pop my pill into my mouth, downing it with water.

"Yeah, Lyric didn't remember the name of it." Casper laughs as I click the lid back on the container. I grab the purse and slide the clonazepam into it, zipping it back up. I run to the door, giving Hailey and Maria each a kiss on the cheek, then giving Casper a quick hug.