5✨

Mariah Clemons 💫

I pulled up into Grandma's driveway, praying to God She would open the door. I knocked three times, biting my lip and holding my tears back. Grandma opened the door, looking annoyed.

"Girl, you scared me. Come in, baby, it's cold." I stepped in.

"I'm sorry for wakin' you. I gotta get Brianna, I'm on the move again."

"What happened?" She asked as she led me to her bedroom.

"They found me—I gotta leave." She opened the door, revealing a sleeping Brianna. I tapped her shoulder.

"Baby, get up—we gotta go."

"Go? Go where?" She asked sleepily.

"Uh—away—again..." I sighed.

"I don't wanna move anymore. Can I stay with Granny?" My eyes stung a little and I looked back and Grandma. She had a look of uncertainty in her face.

"Uh—if that's okay with Grandma?" I say, looking back at her and quickly wiping a tear off my face. She looked at me with a pitiful look on her face.

"It's fine with me but—don't you wanna be with Mariah?"

"I do, but I don't wanna move anymore." She shakes her head and folds her arms. I nodded, getting up and swallowing hard.

"I'm sorry, I gotta go. Grandma...I'll call you later...Bye." I was dead ass about to burst into tears. She waved bye as I rushed to the doorway.

"When are you coming back?"

"I don't know, baby." I say, not turning around. After I did peek over my shoulder, I went out the door. I got in my car and drove off, biting the inside of my lip as tears threatened to spill out of my eyes. I threw my phone on the charger and pulled into a Shell, sitting back. I needed to talk to somebody. I scrolled through my contact list. Kaniya? No, if she's asleep this probably the only sleep she gets because of the baby. Mimi? She sleeps like a fucking dead person. My eyes went straight to the blue emoji contact that wasn't there before today.

Blacc John Gotti 🙏🏾♿️

I played with my ring, staring at his contact.

"Fuck it." I mumbled, calling and putting him on speaker. In the back of my mind, I was kinda praying that he either wouldn't answer or wouldn't be asleep. He picked up and my heart started fluttering.

"Hello?"

"Hey man...say man—my bad fa callin' so late."

"You straight—I'm up anyway." He chuckled.

"Coo'. I just—I just need somebody da talk to..." My voice cracked at the end. I cursed myself because I didn't really want him knowing I was crying.

"Suh, you cryin'? Pull up. Imma drop the address."

"Preciate it..." He dropped the address to a place us trench babies knew as Candy Land. It was mostly rich white folks—the nice ones that give you full sized candy bars and let you piss in their house and yeen have to worry about a nigga being weird. I pulled up into the drive way and hopped out. I knocked three times, cringing at the echo it produced.

"Come in!" I heard somebody say from the other side. I shook my head and chuckled, opening the door.

"Now, what if I was a polite ass robber?"

"Don't worry bout it, I woulda had some that woulda blew you away." He laughed at me.

"Okay then, true enough." I laughed, entering the kitchen. He put a bottle of water and a cup in front of the chair that sat opposite of the counter.

"Nuff bout me, you sound like you been cryin' for a lil while. Wassup?" He leaned against the counter, a styrofoam cup in his hand. He shook it around a little as I sat down.

"Uhh...where do I start..." I laughed a little, looking at the time. It was 1:33 AM. |A/N: I changed her departing time to around 12:30 PM.| I poured the water into the cup full of ice.

"Well...you know, before Jean found out he was my daddy, Mad Max raised me. Well—he raised me for 13 years then dipped to Baton Rouge, had everybody thinkin' he was dead. So, he went to jail for murder and had Youngboy runnin' his shit behind the scenes. So he tried killed himself in his fuckin' cell and eventually his ass died. I watched him die—they tried to bring him back and he just stayed flatlined. That shit was kinda traumatic. So I get to split all his Baton houses and cars with my brother. But—he left Youngboy some money. Everybody got a letter—he threatened me in mine. He told me if I continued to see Youngboy then he'd kill him and hurt me. And by he—he meant his goons. Before he died, one of his goons shot Youngboy and cut me." I said, sitting up. He nodded.

"So...I ran. I came down here with my niece, and I camped out at my aunts house. I was okay—but then Youngboy found my ass. And I ran again while he was sleepin'. I wanted to take me and my niece across the South Carolina border and make some shake from thea. M-my niece ain't wanna come, so when we done, I'm leavin' and hitting the road by myself." I bit my lip and shrugged. He pulled the chair out that's opposite of me and sat down. He put his cup to the side.

"I'm finna spit some real shit to ya, you listenin'?" I nodded.

"That nigga Mad Max—and Ian even sayin' this cause this man wassuh blood—he said a lot of shit he ain't mean. Words and promises ain't mean shit to him. Honor ain't mean shit to him. And he is manipulator. He had niggas thinkin' fa the longest time he was dead. A deciva', you dig what I'm sayin'?" I nodded, playing with the charm on my necklace.

"I said that to say—what make you think he wasn't jus' tryna play you? And as fa ya niece—that ain't yo fault. Kids like routine, and movin' and shit frustrated ha. I want you da think 'bout that. Now, if you still wanna leave in the mornin', that's cool. But stay in the A fa the night. You can stay hea if ya want. Sleep on that."

"Preciate that, bro."

"No prollem." I dapped him up. I took his advice, to sleep on it.
*

Kentrell Gaulden ⚡️

"Are you fuckin' SERIOUS?" I flop on the sofa, putting my hands on my face.

"Dawg, it's okay..."

"NO THE FUCK—Bruh, no it ain't."

"Aye, we finna go look fa ha."

"I'm goin'." I said, jumping up to put on my jacket. Montana, who pulled in early this morning, put a hand up towards me.

"Fuck around and bust them stitches, then whatchu gon' do?"

"Nigga, go get them hoes sewed up and keep it pushin'. I fucked last night ANYWAY."

"Ew." I heard Nasir mumble.

"I know yo ass ain—Don't act like youn be doin' it." He sucked his teeth and gave me a look.

"Stay hea, Youngboy. We'll be back." When they opened the door, Mariah rushed in and gave them a small smile.

"Hey y'all..." She waved shyly. I jumped up and ran over to her, almost knocking her down with a hug.

"I thought I lost you, again...Damn, we gotta put a bell on you." I heard her suck her teeth.

"Fuck you." She giggled in my ear.

"Kentrell?"

"Hmm?"

"I trust you. I trust your judgement. I'm staying with you."

__________________

Issa school chapter cuz imma be gone tonight. 😌 Issa nerd 🤓🤤

Comment & Vote 💚💛