24✨

Kentrell|Youngboy ⚡️

"Hand me one, bro. Stop playin!" I mugged Ben hyper ass as he held the hook that I need in his hand, snatching it away when I reach for it. I was halfway up the ladder, so I couldn't beat this nigga's ass without climbing off.

My mama wanted to do some lit shit on her house for Christmas. You know how you ride through the hood streets and it be that one house that—even though the shit was falling apart—it was lit up like a winter festival? That was my mama, every year. This year, ain't shit changed. I just said fuck it and climbed off the ladder, walking in the house. I went straight to the kitchen, passing the open door where Mariah, Teelee, and Starr were playing with the kids. I walked over to the cabinet and opened it, sucking my teeth. Mama went to the store, but she was taking too long.

"Kentrell, can I talk to you right quick?" I turned to the kitchen doorway at Starr's voice.

"Wassup?" I asked, backing up a little.

"Chill, it ain't nothin' like that." She started laughing at me. I stood there awkwardly.

"I wanted ta apologize to ya, though..." She stepped closer to me.

"'Bout what?"

"Tryna come in between you and Riah. I thought I could get you back, but--I realized that was some dirty ass shit." She crossed her arms and leaned on the table.

"Yeah. Real dirty." She nodded.

"But, I know that aint gon' happen. I"m coo' wit' it--I got a new nigga." She stuck her tongue out and started dancing a little.

"Yeah, right. Don't be bringin' no weird niggas 'round my sons." I mugged her. She rolled her eyes.

"Boy, please. You got yours and I got mine." She said, reaching up for something in the cabinet. It was quiet for a minute.

"We coo'?" She ended the silence. I shrugged.

"Cause I want us to be cool, like--Ion want nothin' to come between you and ya sons. They need a father. Ian askin' to be best friends, ya feel me?" I nodded.

"Yeah...We coo." I reached out to dap her up, but she pushed my hand away and gave me a big ass hug. Even though it felt weird, I still hugged her back. My eyes went wide when Mariah started to walk in but stopped, looking at us. My mouth started opening and closing in surprise. She smiled and waved me off, walking in. I nudged Starr off of me and brushed myself off. Mariah came and patted Starr on the back before walking towards me and kissing my cheek.

"I see ya'll talked." Starr nodded as she opened the fridge. I was losing my shit, because she was acting normal to some shit she would normally drop a bitch on her head for.

"Yeah, that's straight witchu?"

"Course. Imma leave ya"ll to it."

"Aye man, them baby hormones a bitch, huh?" She shrugged as she approached the doorway.

"I feel fine." She smiled as she went out the doorway and left us alone again.

"I talked to her while you and Ben was out thea' putting up lights."

"Oh really?" I rose an eyebrow at her. Mariah been wanting to beat her ass again and I didn't wanna bring her knowing my kids and Starr were here. It took her promising me bout two million times that she wasn't gone touch Starr. But, I guess it ain't bothering her no more. She laughed again.

"Man, yeah. We coo' now--fareal."

"How that happen?"

"Shid, I told Teelee I thought she was gone kill me in my sleep, and she heard me. Then she told me she wasn't gon spazz out nomo cause of them meds she got." I scrunched my face up.

"Meds?"

"Yeah, what they called? Cause I know a couple bitches who needs some." She joked.

"Ion know nothin' bout no meds, mane." I sighed, making her face drop.

"Shit..." She sighed to herself, putting a hand over her face. I shook my head and pushed past her and went to the back room. She had Kameron on her knee, and was watching Draco and Tay Tay move around. I took Fatboy off her lap and took her hand, helping her up.

"Lemme talk to ya." I said and she nodded, following me. I took her to my old room and shut the door.

"I was talkin> da Starr about how ya'll cool or whateva, and she said some bout some meds. Wassup wit' that?" She shrugged.

"I take some medicine for my morning sickness, what about it?" I shook my head.

"Nawl, nawl this some different medicine. She said yeen gone spazz out on ha again if you take it." She blew out a sigh, sitting on my bed.

"I went to the doctor recently...because I was scarin' myself. I was gettin' mad over dumb shit, I was havin' dumb mood swings even befo' I got pregnant. I was scared for the baby, really. I found out I might have some' called Borderline Personality Disorder. That's why when you on tour, I call you every single day--cause I think you gon' end up leavin' me and not comin' back. That's why I spazzed on Starr, and get mad so quick at everybody. But now, it's okay, cause I take medicine to calm me down sometimes--I made sure it was safe for the baby. And I go to therapy, and they been sayin' I'm lookin' good enough to get off the medication." A tear rolled down her face and she quickly wiped it away.

"Why yeen tell me?" I asked, feeling a little hurt.

"Cause it aint a big deal."

"You got a mental illness--"

"Might."

"Might have a mental illness and yeen tell me? You taking medication and all? It aint a big deal to you?" I raised my voice.

"I just said that, aint I?"

"You bullshittin', mane. Why you keepin" shit from me?"

"Mane, you got a career to focus on."

"Fuck that rap shit right now! If somethin' wrong wit the future I care about the most, I wanna know!" I mugged her.

"Whatever, now you know. Can I go back to what I was doing, now?' She asked, pissing me off.

"And you playin' this shit like it's normal as fuck. Whateva, mane. You wiggin' out." I gave up and walked out the room with the baby, leaving her in that same spot. I gave the baby to Teelee, making her look at me weird.

"Whea' Riah?"I shrugged.

"I guess she comin' down in a minute." I responded nonchalantly. I went back outside and grabbed some of the hooks that me and Ben was arguing about before going up the ladder again.

"You good, bro?" Ben asked, looking at me.

"I'm straight." I mumbled, continuing to put up the lights.

_____________________________

I took the SAT yesterday and it basically messed up my whole weekend 🤦🏾‍♀️

I wrote most of this part on my laptop and I thought that shit was gone forever I was about to lose my shit 😭 Hope y'all enjoy cuz I had a whole ass heart attack

Comment & Vote 💚💛