28 ✨

Mariah| Riah 💫

"Bae, what's wrong witchu?" I heard Kentrell ask. I sighed, looking up.

"Man, this my first Christmas here—and it's gon' be my first Christmas without a lot of my family." He laid across my legs.

"I mean—this ain't the first without Senior, but it's the first without my mama and my cousins. And, I didn't even get to decorate." I poked my lip out a little as he scrolled up his phone. I sucked my teeth.

"Bruh, you even listening to me?"

"Hmm?" He flipped on his back to look up at me. I sucked my teeth again.

"Get off me." I nudged him and scooted off the bed. I heard him following behind me. 

"Baby, what's wrong witchu?"

"I'm tryna talk to you and you just ignorin' me, that's what!" I flopped on the couch and propped my head up on my hand.

"Talk to me, then. I'm sorry." He laid his head on my lap.

"Christmas finna be weird as hell...like—This my first Christmas without a lot of my family...on top of that—I can't even spend Christmas with my sister." I sighed.

"We gon' make up for it. Okay?" I nodded, playing with my fingers. I looked at my phone when it flashed.

Brother 🤞🏽: Sisssss

Brother 🤞🏽: Can I come over *Aaliyah voice*

Brother 🤞🏽: But fr I got something to tell you

-Come on aggy ass 💀

A little while later, there was a knock on the door.

"Come in." I say, leaning back. The door clicked open and Marcus walked in with his girl behind him.

I still think this hoe sneaky.

They sat on the couch opposite to us.

"Move, you makin' me hot." I groan, tapping Kentrell.

"I got some' that'll make ya hot." He mumbled as he pushed himself up.

"What, a heater?" They started snickering a little.

"Don't try me." He stared at me with a blank expression. I shrugged.

"Lemme tell you though—you finna be madder than I am."

"What?"

"Brianna spending Christmas with her auntie."

"Yeah, me! I know."

"No...on her mama side—"

"On her WHAT?" I jumped up and instantly regretted it. I hissed at a pain that surged through my stomach, placing my hand over it. I felt Kentrell nudge my hips downward and I sat down.

"Calm down—"

"Calm down? Nigga, wasn't her grandmother trying to kill her?"

"Yeah...But She was the crazy one."

"Uh, I think that was a family issue. Did you even meet ya baby momma?" He sucked his teeth and sighed.

"I woulda told her hell nah, but she already had Brianna's head booted up."

"Bruh, That don't matter. I got custody of her, Marcus. I'm responsible for her—if anything happen to her, it's legally my fault."

"I know—but she was so excited to go and allat. I just wanted her to have a good Christmas like she always do." He leaned back.