29 ✨

Kentrell|Youngboy ⚡️

I been in the studio all day, so I decided to bring home some food and chill with my baby for the rest of the night. When I opened the door and walked in, it was smelling good as fuck.

"Oh shit, my bae cooked! BAE!"

"Whaaat?" She called back from the other room, sounding soft.

"Cmere!" I heard a loud smack, waiting on her to appear.

"What Youngboy?" She tried to play annoyed but I was more focused on the fact that her eyes were a little red. I tried to ignore it as I walked up to her and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"What made you cook?"

"Nigga, you left me in the house by myself—without a car." She pursed her lips and then looked away from me. Now, I know this lil girl hiding something. I reach up and grab her chin and made her head tilt back up, looking at her eyes.

"Whatchu been cryin' bout, ma?" I bit my lip when her face softened.

"Who said I been cryin'?" She tried to shoot back, making me buck up a little.

"That betta be the only reason yo eyes red—eitha that or yo ass got allergies." I mugged her.

"Oh, I'm allergic alright—"

"Stop fuckin' playin' wimme, Mariah. Ion want you doin no shit like that anyway nomo—even if you ain't have my seed."I got serious.

"I'm playin, ian did nothin'."She pecked my lips and stepped out of my hug.

"Whatchu been cryin' bout?" I ask her, making her freeze a little before she kept doing what she was doing.

"Ian been cryin."

"Stop lyin." She chewed at her bottom lip.

"Man, I'm a shitty sister..."

"Why you say that?" I scrunched my face up.

"My sister been laid up in a hospital bed all this time and Ian even went to go see her one time. That's fucked up. I gotta go see her soon. This week." I could tell by her body language that she was nervous.

"Why you scared?" She was quiet for a second.

"I'm not..." She whispered.

"Stop allat damn lyin'. I know you betta than you know you." She just sighed and held her head down.

"Every time I done seen Gigi she been full of life. Not just conscious but...vibrant. She light up any room she in. I just can't go see her and her lifeless, this shit fucking me up..." I heard her sniffle. "I'm a shitty sister, ain't I?" I shook my head.

"Lemme tell you some'—When you had ended up in the hospital for that month when we first met, I was really feelin' the same way. Every time a nigga said 'aye, we finna go wit' Marcus to go see Mariah.' I'll make up some bullshit. Ian wanna see you like that. The only time I got out thea was when they said they was gon' pull the plug. I knew I had to go then—even though it felt like my world was fallin' apart." She just poked her lip out and looked at me.

"And when that nigga shot you in the chest...That shit was the worst feeling eva. I was feelin' like fuck my life and everybody in it."

"Aww, You was scared to see lil old me? You one of the most street niggas I know, seen too many bodies."

"Lih guh, I am the most street nigga you know."

"Mhm sure let's go with that."

"Stop playin' wimme. But, you know why I told you that?" She looked up at me. "Cause even though I done seen mo' bodies then I can count—seein' somebody I love in the hospital on they last leg gone always be worse. It's aight to feel like that." She wrapped her arms around me and squeezed me tight.