7✨

Kentrell Gaulden ⚡️

Earlier, we hopped back on a plane to the Rouge. When we got off the plane, I could tell Mariah was scared. She was antsy and she kept her distance from me. I decided to leave her alone for a little bit, seeing how she would act and cope. We got to my spot and she came in, quiet and shit.

"Mariah?"

"Hm?"

"It's gon' be okay."

"I know...a bitch just on high alert right now." I chuckled at her even though it was serious.

"Hey Trell?"

"Hm?"

"What do you think about me getting an apartment?" I looked at her as she sat at the counter tapping a pen to her lips.

"Bad idea, next."

"I'm serious." She whined. I sat up.

"For what?"

"Man, I wanna move my sista outta Abuela's house, and she need help—if you say love her here, Imma slap you. Ain't enough room, especially when your kids come over." She pointed at me, and I just huffed.

"Why you makin' excuses and shit?"

"Nigga, I'm not! My grandma is old as fuck!" I sucked my teeth.

"You jus' scared of an empty ass threat."

"Kentrell, I will kill you. Besides, it could be good for our relationship..."

"How, when I can't beat it when I want to." I smirked at her as she blushed and rolled her eyes.

"Nigga, that would prolly make the sex better, and the connect better. We won't get tired of each other quick."

"We not gon' do that anyway."

"I know—but the sex part, nigga. You know what they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder." She smirked, twirling her pen.

"We'll see bout it." I laughed.
*

I was laying on the bed, scrolling on Instagram with an old friend on speakerphone.

"I hope you plannin' on bussin' em or some'."

"Hell yeah, when I find out who the fuck doin' it." I say, frustrated.

"Bruh, so tell me whatcha think bout this. My girl say she wanna move out and move her and ha kids into one apartment."

"Fa what?"

"She scared, mane. Sheon wanna admit it."

"Nah mane, that sound like some cheatin' shit."

"Nawl, Dawg. Trust me."

"I done been in enough relationships to tell, dawg."

"Me too, shit!" I mugged the screen, trying to calm down.

"Damn nigga, calm down. I'm jus' sayin'."