21 ✨

Kentrell| Youngboy ⚡️

If I lose her, Ion know what I'm gone do.

I made Mariah stay with me because the doctors didn't want her to be by herself—and she still don't know Gigi in the hospital. When Asia called me, I was sick to my stomach.

"Hello?"

"Youngboy—Gigi—She—" I cringed at the background noise. It sounded like dudes talking or some shit.

"Asia, I can't understand you, bro. What up witcha?" I glanced at Mariah, who was still sleeping.

"Gigi...took some pills—and they takin' ya to the hospital." I stood up and stepped away from the bed.

"She gon' be okay, right?" I bit my lip and got worried when she stayed silent. "Right?"

"They said she not breathin'." She ended up saying, then it sounded like she was crying again.

Then, I had to go straight to the hospital to calm Kd down. They wasn't letting anybody in her room because she was in ICU.

"Man, fuck that!" I heard him yell before I could even get through the emergency waiting room doors.

"Kd, it's kids in here, bro." Asia told him quieter.

"Dawg, in case yeen notice—I DON'T GIVE A FUCK!"  He yelled in her face, making her jump.

"Kd, what the fuck up witchu? Chill out." I mugged him. He sucked his teeth and tried to push past the security and nurses.

"Sir, only family members can go into the ICU unit!" We heard a female say.

"This some bullshit, mane!" He turned back and sat in a chair, putting his head in his hands. I went and sat down next to him.

"Aye man, why you wiggin' our like that? You know you gotta stay down bro."

"Man...Ion know...I just lost my shit when I found out. I can't...I can't lose my baby..." I sighed and leaned back. I knew how he felt, cause I wanted to kill everybody when they told me Mariah might die.

"I know..." I told him. I looked up at the doors and Jalen and his daddy walked through the doors.

"Excuse me, ma'am?" They rushed to the counter and started talking to her. They didn't see us, so they just rushed to the back with her. When they came back out, they saw us.

"Hey, how you?" I stood up and shook his hand. He shook it back.

"Good as I'll get." He sighed.

"Is she okay?" Kd butted in.

"She could be better. They say they got her here just in time. She was clinically dead for—what—four minutes?" Jalen nodded, quiet. "She's still asleep...they don't know what to expect."

"Baby, wake up." I whispered, grabbing her hand a little. She shifted a little before finally looking at me and smiling a little.

"I got a surprise for you later, you need help gettin' in the shower?" I asked, sitting up.

"Nah, I got it." She nodded and pushed herself up. "You finna go?"

"Yeah, I gotta make sure everything straight? You gone be okay by yoself?"

"Yeah." She said. "Come gimme a kiss." I looked at her worriedly. I walked to the other side of the bed and tried to kiss her.

"Kentrell, I'm not made of paper. I said give me a kiss—it's not gonna hurt me. That's why I wish you'd let me go out for thanksgiving." She giggled at my gentle touch.

"I know..." I gave her a quick peck on the lips.

When I left, I kept thinking about Gigi. When she put her hands over her entrance wound, she basically saved her life. The doctors said that when she covered the entrance wound, she didn't let air get in—and that was the only thing that kept her lung from collapsing.

*

"Mariah!" I yelled out, smiling a little. I made sure everybody got in quietly with the food. I had Mama, Ken, Teelee, Asia, Bri and the Twins, her daddy, Marcus, Jalen, her grandma, and the gang.

"Okay!" She answered back as we sat down. I peeped Ken on the phone, laughing.

"I thought y'all said y'all was comin' down hea fa Thanksgivin'...What? Next week?...But Imma be in school!" I laughed at him a little, knowing he better be talking to Nadia. When she came out, she had a surprised look on her face.

"Happy Thanksgiving." I smiled at he and she smiled back. We sat down beside each other and she looked super happy. After a while of us talking and eating, I noticed she was quiet and playing around with the little food she had on her plate.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Yeah, wassup witchu?" Mama asked.

"Ion mean to be rude—I appreciate y'all for coming to keep me company...but, is my sister comin'?" We all got quiet and she just looked at me. I motioned for everybody to leave for a minute.

"Baby..." I grabbed her hands. "Gigi...took too many pills—"

"Oh my God! Did she—"

"Noooo, no. She in the hospital, though." She nodded and got up, wiping a tear from her face. She walked away and I got up.

"Baby..."

"I'll be back—I need a lil minute." I heard her say in a soft voice.
*

"You Okay?" I asked her as we laid in bed. She looked like she was thinking about something.

"Did you know...did you know that if you have a miscarriage, you're prone to have another one." She didn't look at me.

"What? Why you say that?"

"The doctors told me I needed an X-Ray...a-and they asked me if I was pregnant—and they let me take a test." I gave her my full attention, waiting on her to finish. I knew what she was gonna say next.

"Kentrell, I'm pregnant. And I'm scared. I'm so scared..." I hugged her tight as she cried.

"It's okay...its okay." I cooed to her over and over.

"How many months?"

"Almost three." She said, squeezing me a little. I kissed the top of my head.

"Ian gon' let nothin' happen to this one. I promise you." I told her.

"What if...what if it happens again?" I heard her ask.

"On my dead baby, it betta not be cause of some low down bitch again." I said, instantly getting pissed off at her dead mama again.

This time, my baby better make it through. I swear to God, all hell gone break loose if it don't.

________________

Happy Thanksgiving y'all! 💜

Thanks for the advice if you commented on the last part. I was just tryna see if I got me one 😂

Btw, concerning my last chapter, I wanted to apologize for not putting a trigger warning when I wrote about suicidal content. 💛 Just to let y'all know, you can always come to me if you need to talk. I'm all for it 🌺

Comment & Vote 💚💛