19✨

Gianna| Gigi 🌸

I woke up to my body aching as one of the babies were screaming their lungs out.

"Fuck." I groaned into the pillow, getting ready to push myself up. I bit the inside of my cheek to keep from yelling out, holding my shoulder. I hobbled over to the cribs and picked Jayda up. Jayda was light for age, but even her weight had me hurting.

"Mama baby hungry? Oh, you need a new pamper, too." I sighed, laying her on my bed. I flinched when she started crying again, rushing to get the diaper and the bottle.

"Oh no, you too?" I turn to see Jayden start to cry. I scooped him up, experiencing even more pain than before.

"Ow Ow Ow Ow..." I whisper as I laid him down. I rushed to change Jayda. She started crying harder, making me even more frustrated.

"Baby please, I'm trying—I'm trying." I tried to keep myself from crying. After I got her dry, I quickly changed Jayden and tried to feed them both. Jayden took the bottle at first, and Jayda just kept screaming. Then, Jayden spit his bottle out and wouldn't take it back.

"Oh God." I finally just broke down, sitting on my knees and sobbing.

"Hey, you need—Oh, shit." I heard Mariah come in and grabbed a blanket nearby, wrapping myself in it. I knew if she saw the bruises she would flip her whole shit. She ran out the room and brought Kentrell with her. I looked up at them as they picked up both of them.

"They—they wont stop cryin'." I said, looking at them.

"It's okay, we got em. Go back to sleep." She assured me, picking up a bottle.

"No, that's the last thing I need right now. I-I need a shower. Thank y'all." I looked between them both and they smiled and payed their attention back to the babies. I clutched the blanket tighter as I moved across the room to get some clothes.

I took a shower and got myself ready for the day. I looked in the mirror at myself, cringing. There were dark spots under my eyes, and my hair was a mess. I swallowed hard, pulling the medicine cabinet open.

I slowly reached for the orange and white pill bottle that stuck out like a sore thumb. A doctor gave Jalen a prescription some Codine after he had surgery with his knee. I overheard him talking to the doctor about how it didn't hurt anymore, so I stole it. This was before I got pregnant and I was still wild.

I remember taking one just to see how it felt, then another when I was stressed out about mid terms, then taking them just because I liked how they made me feel.

Eventually, I was addicted to it. When I got pregnant with the twins, I swore that was it. I said I would stop for them.

But all of those feelings rushed back. The stress, the worry, plus my whole body in pain—I needed something to fix that.

And the answer was right in my hands.

I opened the pill bottle, swallowing hard.

"Just one..." I whispered to myself, shaking one out. "Then, imma flush em all down the toilet." I put it on my tongue and sipped some water from the faucet.

A half an hour later, I was sitting on the couch higher than a bitch.

"Gi!" I snatched out of my little world as looked at Mariah.

"Ya phone buzzing." I looked down at the lit screen.

Leo: u available tonite?

-yea. What block?

Leo: no block. Imma let u know what u got to do

-k

Something was making me nervous, I don't know if this shit was acting up or something else.

"Mariah, can you keep the twins again tonight? I got some business I need to take care of." She nodded, continuing to flick through the channel guide.
*

Mariah| Riah 💫 

Hours after Gigi left, Kentrell and I looked up with curiosity to see that the front door was being unlocked. Gianna walked through the door, looking up at me with a surprised look.

"Mariah...I didn't expect y'all to be here..." My attention went to the tall dark skin behind her.

"Well—I do live here." I chuckled at her nervousness.  Kentrell's hand squeezed mine. She laughed back, but it was forced. Kentrell sat up a little bit.

"Say, I know you from some whea?" I looked at Kentrell to see anger written all over his face.

"Ion know, I guess I jus' got one of them faces." The smart ass laughed.

"Akikiki, nigga What's so funny?" I furrowed my eyebrows. Gianna looked at him and he mugged her.

"M-Mariah, chill. He cool."

"I don't give a damn if he hot, cool, or room temperature—you know what, I'm good." Something about this nigga just set me off. They just slunk to the back room, closing the door.

"I don't like him."

"I see. I know that nigga from somewhea, though. I know it's from da streets." I stopped my leg from bouncing up and down and sighed, trying to calm down.
*

Gianna| Gigi 🌸

"Somebody need to teach ya sista some manners." He mumbled, taking off his shirt.

"She'on m-mean no harm—she just defensive." I played with my earring.

"Well, she needa fix that shit." He sat on the bed beside me, grabbing my jaw softly and kissing me. I just sat there, trying to make an effort to kiss back.

"I'm sorry fa hurtin' you last night." He mumbled against my lips. I just sat there. He sat some money on my nightstand, licking his lips.

"Get em outta hea'. Tell em to take the babies, too." I closed my eyes and nodded, not sure if I was mentally and physically prepared to go through this shit again.

I guess Imma have to get used to it.

________________

This chapter was gonna go WAYYYY different, but I decided to save that for a later date 😊

Comment & Vote 💚💛