CHAPTER 1: A Fresh New Start!?!

LIZ

        I woke up this morning to my six year old brother, Sean, knocking on my door. 

        "Are you awake?" He asks. 

        "Yeah. I'm sorry, I'll be out in a minute." I tell him. 

       "Okay." He says. 

       I start to yawn, while I stretch out in bed a little bit before getting up and ready for the rest of the day. 

        Once I'm ready, I head out toward's the kitchen and see Sean sitting down on the couch, watching Spongebob.

        Sean is the cutest boy in the world. Whom I love very much and would do anything for.

       I was eighteen years old when I finally left home and gained full custody of my brother. 

       Both of our parents were abusive and from the moment, he was born, they have done nothing but treat him the same way that they treated me since I was born, like a mistake. 

       Both my parents always drank and fought until one day, my dad left and my mom and I were left alone. That is until of course, she finally found a replacement for my dad (Dad #4).

        All the guys were bad, but this guy was the biggest asshole of them all. 

       He was always tying to rape and beat me. While he did all those things to me, my mother wasn't there. Though she always blamed me for making him mad enough to hit me or and walking around the house, wearing what I was wearing. (Sweats and a tank top)--Which I didn't know was considered 'Sexy' and sent the message to 'rape me'. 

        Then, a month before my eighteenth birthday, my mom had my little brother and I had decided as soon as I found out she was pregnant, that he would never be subjected to any of their abuse or be hurt by them. So I had looked into what all it took to get full custody of him. which was really hard.

        I then began adding money towards my savings, making sure that I provided everything I needed. 

        Then by the time Sean was a little over a year old, I had had enough money. Along with the help of my boyfriend at the time, Raymond, to adopt my brother and to finally move us both out of our parents house and go live with him. 

        Though at the time, I had no idea that he was part of a biker gang. 

        Then once I found out, I had tried to leave. Which also I had quickly found out that he was abusive too. Then a few years ago, my brother and I had left him in the middle of the night and had found a place in a state over. Now we are both happy and are doing pretty good. 

        Though I still do have both of our bags packed in the trunk of my car for just in case. Along with some money that I've been saving for a while. 

        Once I was done feeding Sean breakfast and then dropping him off at school, I headed off to work. 

        Which I worked at a hair salon and do really good and the tips are beyond amazing. 

       And since today was one of the best days this week, I went to the store after picking up Sean from school and got things to make a special dinner. 

       Once we were done shopping and were paying, I had noticed out the corner of my eye, a guy who looked just like one of Raymond's guys and out of all the lines, he had to be in, he was in mine. Though it seemed as though he hadn't noticed me or anything. At least not yet. So I grabbed the bags after the cashier handed back my change and both Sean and I left.