CHAPTER 4: You're an Ass!

RICK

        While on my way towards Wendy's house after dropping Liz off, I couldn't stop thinking about what just happened.

        I'm not sure in why I cared what she was wearing. She was right however, it was the attire for the staff there. But still, it bothered me having disgusting fucks look at her, eye raping her.

        Then the fact that that asshole I had just saved her from, after I saw him touching her, I don't know what happened, I just can't stand to see a woman being hurt like that.

          Once I finally pulled up to Wendy's apartment duplex and headed upstairs to her place, I knocked on the door and as soon as she opened it, we got straight into it.

*****************************************

          The next morning, after waking up, taking a shower and getting ready for the day and got on my bike then began heading towards the club to start figuring out the paychecks.

           Though as I stopped at a 'STOP' light, I looked around and saw Liz sitting at a bus stop.

           I tried not to think about her. However, it was really hard to not when I felt bad.

           So I turned my bike around after the light turned green and pulled up beside her.

           "Want a ride?" I asked her.

           "No. I'm fine, thank you." She replies without even looking at me.

           "Look, you don't have a car, it's gonna take almost all day long just to get for your bus to get here. Besides, I'm heading towards the club." I tell her.

             "Good for you." She says.

             "You know, there really is no point in you acting like a bitch when I'm trying to offer my help." I tell her.

            "Well, excuse me for refusing to accept a ride from an asshole." She says.   

             Which I do have to admit, it turned me on with the way she just talked back to me. And here, this whole time I took her as the nice quiet and shy type.

            "Fine." I tell her then peel out after turning my back around and continuing towards the club.

            After arriving, I stomped my way into the office and avoided eye contact with Katie and Trey who were just flirting with each other anyways, and slammed the door shut behind me while also locking it.

            I took a seat in the chair behind my desk, grabbed myself a beer from the small fridge that was next to my desk and took a drink from it as I began going through and seeing what everyone was needing to get paid on their checks.

           As I was going through several papers,  I noticed that Liz had the best comments and feedback from customers than anybody else. And also had brought in more money than anybody else did.

          She had even sold more than Katie did in sales

          I was surprised and shocked at how much of a great asset Liz might just be for this place. I mean, I can't believe I'm going to say this, but it looks as though Katie was right about Liz.

          As soon as I got done figuring out payday, I headed outside towards my bike to go and meet up with one of my biggest clients ever.

           Though as soon as I walked out the door and towards my bike, I saw out the corner of my eye, Liz talking with a mechanic while standing by her car.

           Even though I'm sure they were talking about her car, it looked to me like he was flirting with her. Which for some reason I'm not sure in why, but I was filled suddenly with rage and possessiveness as well as jealousy. Though I have no idea where it came from. Because I know I shouldn't care about her the way that I'm starting to. But there's just something about her, I guess.

           So I walk up to her after the guy tows her car towards a shop down the street and she looks down at her phone.

           "Do you need a ride somewhere?" I asked her.

           "No. It's okay." She replies while still not looking up from her phone. "I'm going to call a cab or something."

           "Don't be stupid. I'll give you a ride to wherever you want to go." I tell her.

          "No. I don't need anything from you, thanks." She tells me.

          "Why do you have to be such a..." I began but then she cut me off.

          "A what? A bitch? Cause I am NOT a bitch and you're the one that's being an asshole." She tells me.

          "What the hell? How do you figure? I'm just trying to be nice and help you out." I tell her.

           "Oh sure. Like the other night? You help me out and act all nice but then completely disregard all kindness and immediately resort to your asshole and jerk ways. Yeah, that's not a game I would like to keep playing, thank you very much." She says.

          "I wasn't trying to be a dick. I was just stating the facts and giving you a head's up." I snapped back.

           "Just leave me the hell alone." She tells me. Then I see her start to walk away towards the end of the parking lot and waits for a cab to come.

           I watch her though I should just get on my bike and just leave, but can't. For some reason, I feel I need to stay and make sure she's okay and that nothing happens like it did last night or anything close to that.

          Which just causes me more frustration like always cause I don't want to worry about her and don't want to think about her.

           Fuck it! I'm leaving. I thought to myself as I get on my bike and start heading over to Wendy's place before she goes to work tonight.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)