CHAPTER 16: Sending A Message.....

RICK

        Sean's birthday was coming up soon and he was all excited and happy that he couldn't stop talking about it and has been counting down the days.

        Things were going real good and it started to feel more like we were a family.

       Today, while playing at the park and having fun, my phone went off. So I excused myself real quick and saw that it was Trey on the phone.

       "What's up?" I answered.

       "We have a problem." He says.

       "What do you mean? What's going on?" I ask him.

       "Is Liz near you?" He asks me.

       "No. Why?" I ask feeling worried.

       "It's Raymond. He is coming for her and Sean soon." He tells me in which my heart drops to my stomach.

        "What do you mean? How do you know?" I ask him.

        "He sent one of his guys who I ran into today. In fact, we have him down in the basement at the house right now." He tells me.

        "Alright. Well, I don't want her knowing about any of this. I don't need for her to be afraid or worried about it, alright?" I told him.

        "I promise. But what do you want us to do with him?" He asks me.

        "Keep him there. We'll be home soon. I have a few questions I need to ask him." I say.

        "Yes boss." Trey says and then we hang up.

        I look over towards the playground and see both Sean and Liz running around, laughing and playing tag. To which I go and continue to play with them before we headed home.

*****************************************

       After dropping her and Sean off next door at their house, I headed over towards my house and down to the basement and question one of Raymond's guys and try to see if I can get anything out of the guy.

      Once I closed the door behind me and walked downstairs in the basement, I stopped when I got to Trey.

       "Hey boss." He says.

       "Hey guys." I reply. Then I look at the person they have. It's Jet. Raymond's right hand guy.

        "Man. Long time no see." Jet says to me as he spits out blood.

        "Jet. I thought you would have learned your lesson the last encounter we had with each other." I tell him with my arms crossed across my chest as I continued to stare him down.

       He chuckles. "You think I would ever be scared of you?! You're nothing but a little bitch. And you have no idea the hell that Raymond's bringing to you. In particular, Liz." He grins.

        My fists close tighter. "He will never come near her. You tell Raymond that if he even dares to step foot near her or Sean, I will kill him." I tell him.

        "Tell me, is she great in bed? Frankly, I never knew how he could stomach that fat ugly cunt. Though I'm sure he only stayed cause she gave great head." He smirks at me, knowing damn well that it would piss me off.

         Then without hesitation, I did exactly what I should have done the moment I got downstairs. I walked up towards him and began beating his face as hard as I could and didn't stop until I was pulled off by Trey and a few of my guys.

         "You can't kill him!" I heard Trey said to me as he pulls me back.

         "Why the hell not?! One last motherfucker to kill." I fire back to him.

         "Not yet." He says to me.

         It took me a minute until I looked over and saw Jet groaning and moaning in pain. I then stormed out, slamming the door behind me and went into the kitchen to pour myself some whiskey.

        I was livid. Beyond pissed. The last time I saw Jet was when he tried to set me up and get me and most of my guys thrown into prison for something he did. But instead, we got him before it happened. Then we taught him a lesson. At least that's what I thought, up until now.

       So instead of killing him now, I left him to let Trey and the rest of the guys make sure Jet sends a message to Raymond.

      I suddenly looked down at my phone as I felt it vibrate and saw that Liz had just texted me, asking to bring the pie for dessert tonight when I come over for dinner.

        Which I had forgot about and quickly ran upstairs to take a shower and get ready.

        While getting ready, I started thinking about the situation and the possibilities of Raymond coming and bringing his guys with him and things going wrong.

        I felt sick to my stomach. I felt like I wanted to throw up. I was feeling more anxiety and worry than I have ever felt in my life. Especially about someone else.

        However, I will NOT let anyone, including Raymond, hurt her and Sean again. They are mine and I will protect them in any way possible no matter what happens or what I have to do.

        For the first time, I began thinking and worry about my future being non existent. And I can't and WON'T let that happen.

         I quickly shake those vibes and thoughts off as I finish up getting ready and after grabbing the pie that I got earlier, I walked over next door to have dinner with my life and was hoping that I didn't give off or away how I was feeling.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)