CHAPTER 12: Did She Just Say What I Think She Did?

RICK

When I woke up this morning and looked over beside me, I smiled real big when I saw Liz, sleeping peacefully with her head on my chest. She had fallen asleep in my arms while we were laying in her bed.

As weird as it sounds, I kind of feel like a teenage boy who just woke up with the first girl ever.

Which in a way, was true. She is the first woman I have ever gone to sleep with that I for one, woke up with and two, that I hadn't slept with.

I can't explain what's going on cause I'm not even sure in what all is happening right now in the moment. All I know is that I love the way this feels. Maybe I am falling for her?

My thoughts are right away interrupted as I feel Liz moving a little bit and then waking up and looks up at me.

We both smile at each other before I bend my head down a little bit and kiss her.

"Good morning, beautiful." I quietly say.

"Good morning." She replies with a smile. She then stretches and sits up. "What time is it?"

"It's a little past noon." I tell her.

"Oh my gosh. I can't remember the last time I slept in this late." She says.

"You hungry?" I ask her.

"Starving." She says.

"Okay. Why don't you get ready and we go and grab something to eat?" I suggest.

"Sounds good." She replies.

I give her one more quick kiss on the lips and then head downstairs and out to my house to get ready.

After taking a shower, I take a quick look at my cell and see that I've missed a few calls.

I then read a text that Trey had sent me earlier.

TREY: I thought I might give you a head's
up. There's a guy that used to work
for, your cousin, Raymond, who is
gonna come to visit us next month
and give us more information on
how we are going to take him down.
He says he's got some kind of a
deal that he wants to make and
knows that you'll like it.

I look at the text for a little bit before I answer back.

ME: Good. Cause we need to settle this
bullshit. Keep me posted.

Raymond is the leader of a gang that happens to be one of the biggest rivals of ours.

We are cousins and ever since we were kids he always had to be better than me at everything. Didn't matter what it was.

Though true, he was stronger than me until I was sixteen. Then I fell into a gang and became the leader of the gang I am now, which, later I found out, he always wanted to be the leader of. We hadn't spoken to each other in years and have been enemies ever since he started his own gang.

He has been trying to steal my clients from me and has been somewhat successful in doing so. So for a while, I have been trying to get him to sit down and we work some sort of a deal out. But he refused to.

Though now, it doesn't matter. Because for all the hell he put me through when we were kids, for killing both my parents and for laying his hands on MY old lady, especially out of anger, he is gonna suffer until his last breath.

However, I also know that I'm going to need to keep it from Liz. The last thing I need, is for her to fear him.

Suddenly, I come back to reality when I see Liz's number appear on my screen. Which makes me smile of course.

"Hey, gorgeous." I answer.

"Hi. Are we still going out?" She asks.

"Yeah. I'll be over in five minutes. Oh and don't worry, we will take the truck." I assure her.

"Okay." She laughs.

We both hang up and I quickly start to get dressed, style my hair fast and then start heading out.

*****************************************

After getting in the truck and heading over towards one of my favorite barbecue places, we are seated and while looking at the menu, I can't help but look at her.

"So, do you know what you're getting?" She asks while not looking up from her menu.

"Yep. And it isn't on the menu." I tell her as I lick the bottom of my lip while she blushes as she looks up from her menu at me.

"Okay..." she says shyly while biting her lower lip a little bit.

"I'm sorry." I tell her as I take a look at the menu, afraid that I just made her uncomfortable.

'Way to go, pervert.' I said to myself.

I then feel her hand on top of mine and as I look at her she gives me one of her sexy and yet cute smiles.

"It's okay." Is all she says.

We then continue to have lunch together.

In which I must say, was amazing. One of the best days of my life and I got to share it with the most beautiful woman in the world.

As a matter of fact, it wasn't until after we got back into the truck, that she had pointed out that the waitress had tried according to her way too hard to try and flirt with me but was happy to see that I ignored the girl and was focused on her.

I was trying really hard not to make the date too cliche and or cheesy, but, I had heard her say before that she loved movies. So we headed to the theaters and saw the movie, "Daddy's Home 2". Which was really funny.

Then after leaving the theaters, hand-in-hand, we stop as we see a guy stop in front of us as he smiles at Liz.

"Hey there, Liz." The guy says.

"Hi, Joe." Liz replies with a smile.

"Where's Sean?" He asks her. While at the same time acting like I'm not even here.

"He's staying with a friend this weekend." She replies.

"Oh, nice. So, you're having some alone time?" He asks her.

Okay, that's it, I thought to myself. He knows I'm here and is now just being an asshole. Though before I could do or say anything, Liz said the most amazing and sexiest thing I have ever heard a woman say.

"Actually, my man, Rick here, is keeping me more than enough company." She winks while looping her arm through mine then smiling at me and giving me a kiss on the lips.

"Oh, cool. Well, you two have a good night." He smiles.

"We will." I smile and wink at her.

We all start going our separate ways and I found myself smiling all the way back towards her place.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :) (Meaning, tomorrow) because I'm baaaaaack!! I feel a lot better and have missed you all. Also, I was going to wait a couple more days, but as a thanks for being patient in me feeling better, I will be posting the first chapter to the Sequel of 'HIS Curvy Luna' and the Sequel is called, 'Always, HIS Curvy Luna?!' I will post it tomorrow! YAY!!! :):) I hope you all enjoy it and don't worry, I have even more werewolf stories in mind, as well as a few other stories that will be posted soon. I appreciate all your patience and support and comments, follows as well as votes. You are all amazing and hope you enjoy. So tomorrow, lookout for the first chapter to the sequel! :)