EPILOGUE: Two Years Later....

RICK

It's been two years since I first met Liz and her brother Sean.

They both have changed my life for the better of course.

It was almost a year after that whole incident had happened. And now, for the first time, we can breathe. We can live our lives without her being in constant fear.

It took five months after everything that happened for me to finally get the nerve and ask her to marry me.

At first, I was terrified that she might turn me down. That she even might leave me.

Instead, she said 'yes'. And right away, we planned our wedding.

On the night of our wedding, Liz told me one of the best news since she said 'I do'! She told me I was gonna be a dad.

I couldn't help but pick her up and spin her around kissing her non stop.

And then I just had to let everyone in the hotel know by standing out on our balcony outside of our room and shouting as loud as I could, that I was going to be a dad with the most beautiful woman in the world.

Of course there were people who shouted a lot of they don't care and shut the hell up, but there were few that I did hear say, 'Congrats!' I was extremely excited and felt like the happiest and luckiest man in the world.

Now, our baby girl is one years old and Sean, though by blood, is our daughter's uncle, he has been like an older brother to her and when I look at the beautiful family that I have, I know that there's nothing better in this world.

Never did I think I would ever be a dad or a husband or a brother-in-law to a kid. Settling down was never in my life plan.

Though I guess that just goes to show you that you can't always plan for everything. God and fate seem to have other plans. Which I believed in neither until Liz and Sean as well as our daughter, has shown me.

My life is for the better and I wouldn't trade anything in the world for it.

*****************************************

LIZ

I couldn't believe the life I have had so far.

The life I have now, I never thought would happen to me.

In fact, I thought Sean and I would be running for the rest of our lives. But now there's no more running. There's no more needing to.

Finally, I feel I did good. For not just me, but mostly for Sean. He doesn't have to move and leave friends he made at school behind. And now, he has a family. He has a beautiful niece that he treats as his little sister.

I never thought I'd ever see this day. Especially with Rick. I didn't want the same lifestyle I was running away from. But he showed me differently.

We got married, had a beautiful little girl and it seems that so far, life is great. Nothing to complain about. And I'm starting to not feeling as though I have to look over my shoulder as much.

I feel safe. As does Sean. And Sean even told me, that even though he can't technically call Rick his dad, to him, that is who he is and always will be. Which both Rick and I are very happy to hear.

I've read somewhere once before, that life wasn't about finding yourself, but creating yourself. Which I know to be true cause how can you really try and find yourself when you never knew who you really were? And as far as creating myself, I love who I have and will become.

The many times I had thought about giving up, I am so glad that I didn't.

Life sucks sometimes, or for others, most of the time. But at the end of the day, if you can find at least one good thing that happened, then I say you're pretty good.

I love my life and wouldn't give it up or and trade it in for anything in the world.

THE END!!!!!