CHAPTER 2: SHE'S Your New Roommate?!

RICK

       I was returning home from after being gone for almost two months, trying to make sure our gun shipment was all set up properly.

       My cousin had called me a couple of days ago and told me that she found someone who would rent out the house and become her roommate. Which I trust my cousin in who she picks. Though technically, I'm the one who'd be collecting the rent.

       Anyways, I finally make it to our house and take a look next door, but don't see anybody, just a car that looked like it needed some repairs.

       I was too tired to introduce myself to the new roommate/renter, so I figured I'd meet them tomorrow.

       Then as soon as I walked inside of my house, I immediately was greeted by my best friend and VP, Trey. He had stayed here cause he wasn't feeling too good. Though I really think it was cause of my cousin, Katie. I swear, they can't get enough of each other.

       Though it always reminds me in how I'm glad I don't do that romantic/relationship/love shit. Too complicated.

       Which is why I stick with just using my fuck buddy, Wendy, for obvious reasons. No strings attached nor emotions. It's perfect.

       After saying 'hi' to all of the guy's, I then head upstairs and right as soon as I open my bedroom door, I see a naked Wendy, lying sprawled out on my bed, waiting for me.

*****************************

       The next day, I had been out running some errands and then headed home for the barbecue we were having.

        Katie was throwing one to welcome our neighbor and I was excited cause I was anxious to see if our new neighbor would blend in or not with us. I hoped they liked Harleys.

        After pulling up in the driveway, I could hear everyone in the backyard already talking and laughing and could tell by the smell of barbecue, that they had already started. Which was fine.

       I made my way back to where everyone was at and I saw Katie talking with a group of friends it looked like.

        So I made my way over towards Trey who was grilling.

        "What's up man?" I asked.

        "Hey. We we wondering when you were getting here." Trey says.

        "Yeah, ran a few errands." I reply. "So, where's our new neighbor?"

         "Over there with Katie." He nodded with his head before continuing grilling.

         From what it looked like, he was looking at a guy that was right next to Katie that I hadn't seen before.

         So I made my way over to them to introduce myself.

         As I headed over, Katie spots me.

         "There you are!" She says smiling. "It's about damn time." She jokes.

         "Shut up." I tell her. "So, who's our new neighbor?" I ask her as I already can tell that she's gonna tell me it's the guy next to her.

          Though as soon as she begins to point and introduce the person, I notice, it's a girl that's across from her.

          "I'm glad you asked. This is Liz. Liz, this is my cousin, Rick. Also, the landlord." She says with a wink and smile at me.

         "Nice to meet you." Liz says while holding out her hand.

         I don't even shake it. Instead, before I say anything, or have a chance to really, I see this little boy come running up to her.

         "Who is that?" I asked.

         "This is my little brother, Sean." She says to me. Which at first, I thought was her son.

          "I need to speak to you. Now!" I tell Katie.

          In which she follows me into the house.

         "What?!" She says after closing the sliding glass door behind her.

         "What do you mean what? Why the hell, do you have this girl and this kid as your roommates? What the hell are you thinking?!" I asked.

          "I don't what your problem is but you need to seriously calm the fuck down. Look, you weren't here and I needed a roommate and it just so happened that one of my friends knew someone that was looking for a new place to live. So I took it."

            "But I still have a final say in the decision in who lives in that house since I pay for it." I remind her.

            "Oh spare me. I pay for it too. And besides, the house was left to the both of us. And since you are never home and that person would be with me more, I felt like my decision was needed more. She's really cool and her brother is too. So just give them a chance." She tells me.

          "How is she gonna pay for rent when there aren't any jobs around here? And she don't look like she's made of money." I tell her.

         "Well, she is working at the strip club with me." She tells me.

         "As a dancer?" I ask.

         "No. As a server. She has more than enough experience and I need someone to help me out."

          "What about the girls I hired?" I asked her.

          "Well, the girls that you hired, they are just like Wendy. Trashy and bad for business." She smirks.

          "But this girl has a kid." I point out.

          "I don't care. In fact, I don't even know why I'm talking to you right now about this. She's hired. She's working with me and that's that!" She says before turning and heading back outside to everyone.

           Now, on one hand, I do understand what she's saying about Wendy and the girls I did hire. I guess at the time, I had just thought that the girls were pretty enough that it didn't matter if they were good at their jobs or not. Though, I didn't really realize how hard it made it for Katie. Which I really do feel bad for now.

          Also, I guess she's right. I guess there really is nothing else I can do. Besides, I trust Katie. She's always been better at reading people than me.

          Well, I guess I will just have to wait and see what Liz can do.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)