CHAPTER 9: A Fun Day!

LIZ

I knew from the beginning what the mechanic was trying to do in trying to rip me off. Which is what started the arguing today. Then when he tried to force himself on me, out of nowhere, I hear Rick walk up beside me and told me to wait in the car.

For the first time, I was relieved and happy to see him. Cause I could tell by the death glare he was giving the mechanic that he was going to handle it.

Of course, I had an idea of what he was going to do but I was actually more worried of Sean being in the truck by himself.

As I went out and got into the truck, I saw Sean playing a game on his IPAD and then he looks up at me real quick and asks me where Rick was.

"He'll be right back, he's just talking to the guy and trying to get a good deal for me." I lie to him, which I hated, but I didn't want to tell him the truth. Though I know he's smart enough and probably has already figured it out.

Then the next thing I hear is the driver side door opening and Rick climbing into the truck and turning on the engine.

He sits there for a minute and smiles a little but I don't know what he just did in there and knowing what all he CAN do, I feel a little worried.

After Sean answered him when asking who was hungry, he suggested Chuckee E Cheese.

"Yeah!" Sean replies in excitement.

"Alright little man." Rick replies and chuckles a little bit.

I looked at Rick as he began driving and started to admire him a little more. Maybe he really isn't much of a jerk.

After pulling up and heading into the place, we walk up to the counter and order some food and drinks.

While ordering, the girl behind the register, was smiling and checking out Rick.

She was definitely his type. She had long brown hair with highlights, had a beach perfect body and tan and had a big chest.

I just rolled my eyes while watching her be overly desperate and pathetic, though it didn't seem to phase Rick much. He was smiling at her to be polite and she was taking forever.

"I hate to interrupt, but can I please get a couple of drinking cups?" I asked.

The girl immediately turns her head towards me and gives me at first, a glare and then quickly gave me a disgusted look.

She then grabbed a few cups and then pushed the cups over towards me. "Here!" She said rudely.

"Whatever." I say under my breath. While then handing a cup to Sean and we start walking towards the drink machine. Though while walking away, I overhear the bitch ask Rick if I was his old lady and Sean was his son. Which I just laughed it off.

Though while we were getting our drinks, I suddenly feel someone's hand grip my arm and turn me around to face them and before I could say anything, after quickly seeing it was Rick, he slams his lips onto mine and we kiss and start to make out for a moment. Why aren't I pushing him away? Why is he kissing me? Oh my god he's a great kisser!

Then as we pull our heads back a little bit, I suddenly realize what just happened.

"Why did you do that?" I ask him.

"The slut back there didn't believe we were together." He replies.

I look over his shoulder and see the 'Desperate Bitch' that I have named her as, was glaring at us and then rolled her eyes before starting to help the next customers that were ordering.

I then look back at him. "Well, next time, give me a head's up before you do that." I tell him with a smile.

"Oooo, next time huh?" Rick says with a wink and grin.

"Shut up." I tell him with a chuckle. Then we start heading to an empty booth while Sean runs off to get some tokens and then goes to play a little bit.

While sitting there, we share a brief moment of silence and then after catching him staring at me for a while now, I finally break the silence.

"So, about today, with the mechanic." I began to say.

"Yeah? What about it?" He asks.

"You didn't, well, you know...." I started before he laughed a little and interrupted me.

"Kill him?!" He says.

"Yeah." I reply.

"No. But I did teach him a lesson. And let's just say that you will never have to go back there again." He says to me reassuringly.

"What do you mean? Of course I do, I have to think of a way to get my car back." I begin to say while suddenly feeling a little embarrassed.

"You're not getting that piece of junk, you call a car back. The only thing that that car is good for is to use it for car parts." He chuckles.

I sink a little bit down in my seat from embarrassment. Though really, I should be more pissed off at him if anything.

"Yeah, well, that's the only best transportation I had. I mean, I don't mind taking the bus or Ubering to some places and even walking, but I know that Sean can't be doing all of that. It isn't safe for him." I say.

"Well don't worry. Until you get a new car, I'll take you and Sean wherever you guy's want to go and whenever." He winks at me while taking a drink from his cup.

"Thanks, but that's okay. I couldn't let you do that." I told him.

"Well, I wasn't asking." He says.

One of the employees came and set down our food before I was able to reply as well as Sean returned too.

We began to eat and then both Rick and I went with Sean to play games with him and we ended up having a lot of fun.

At one point, I had gone to the bathroom and when I came back I took a minute to take a look at Sean and Rick bonding. They looked just as if they were father and son.

I quickly shake the thought out of my head as I come back to reality and start reminding myself that this is the guy that has been an ass to me for no reason at all.

Though I am grateful for all he has done for us today, still doesn't mean he has changed overnight.

Also, that whole kiss that we shared earlier didn't mean anything, since he did it to get a girl to leave him alone.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)