CHAPTER 6: The Halloween Carnival

RICK

I felt terrible for not being able to give her the money. At least by her paycheck. I could of course give her the money from my personal pocket but, I couldn't tell her what I did for my main source of money.

The reason I can't give her an advance on her paycheck is because, I have recently discovered some numbers not adding up. Like somebody is stealing money from the business.

Now I know that she's not the one doing it. However, I can't show favoritism towards her. Especially when it comes to this kind of stuff. Cause then everyone would want one.

Also, I told her no to the double shifts because I first, don't like the fact she's working here already, let alone a double shift.

In fact, if it were up to me, she would never have to work. But I know that I don't deserve her. She deserves better than me. And though I don't know much about her past. I know she has one that most likely has to deal with the lifestyle I live. I've seen her type many times.

Even though I have been a dick and asshole to her, it's been mainly because I figure that way, she wouldn't want me and then it would be easier for me to not want her. Though its definitely had the complete opposite effect on me.

It's like the more she talks back to me, the more turned on I get.

FUCK! What the HELL is wrong with me?! I thought to myself.

*****************************************

For the next couple of days, I tried my best to stay away from her. I was not embarrassed or ashamed of myself for turning her down. Though at the same time, I really wanted to help her.

Then then the day of the carnival arrived and Katie and Trey were heading out the door.

"Where are you guys going?" I asked.

"We're going to catch up with Sean and Liz at his school carnival. It starts in like ten minutes." Katie says in a little upsetting way to me.

"I thought she couldn't afford to?" I asked.

"Yeah, thanks to you. Luckily she has a great friend like me to help her out. I discovered I had some extra money stashed away and decided to give her some money and she was able to afford it and also enough to get her car fixed. So, yeah." She says.

"Wait. I'll take you guys. I'd like to apologize to her." I tell Katie.

"Well then hurry the hell up man." Trey says.

Katie glares at me then him before we all then head out to my truck and make our way towards the school.

*****************************************

After we arrived and parked, we headed inside and bought some tickets and then met up with Liz and Sean.

Which as soon as Sean saw me, he quickly ran up to me happy and excited to see me as I was with him too.

Though Liz, on the other hand, wasn't too happy to see me. Which of course, I don't blame her.

"Hey Liz. Hey Sean. You look cool dude." Katie tells him as he was dressed like a greaser and Liz was a Pink Ladies from Grease. She looked sexy as hell with those leggings and that big ass of hers looked so good in them too.

"Come on Sean. Let's go play some games." Katie says while taking his hand and both her, Sean and Trey start heading towards one of the rooms with a game while Liz and I were left alone.

"I'm going to get something to drink." She says and then walks away.

I follow behind her and as she's standing in line, Wendy comes walking up to me.

"Oh my god. Baby, what are you doing here?!" She asks me in that fake high pitched voice as she wraps her arms around me and kisses me real quick on the lips.

I look and see that Liz is looking and rolls her eyes in disgust.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I ask Wendy. Who may I add is dressed like she does at the club during her performances.

"I am here with my nephew and sister. What are you doing here? I never imagined you doing something like this." She says.

Though right before I answered, I looked and noticed that Liz wasn't in line anymore. I started looking around for her and saw her sitting down at one of the picnic tables they had where all the kids ate their lunch at everyday.

She was sitting alone and drinking a soda as well as eating some nachos. She looked so cute and beautiful.

I pushed Wendy off of me and started walking off to go and sit next to Liz.

As soon as I sat down, she didn't look at me or say anything.

"It isn't what you think. Between Wendy and I." I assure her.

She just shrugs and eats a chip.

"I don't care. It's none of my business." She tells me.

"Then why did you roll your eyes at us?" I ask her with a smirk.

"Because I find the both of you disgusting. I mean, you lecture me after a man tries to attack me, saying that if I didn't wear what I was wearing, which may I point out is your uniform for the club, that I wouldn't have been such an easy prey and yet, you wont give the same lecture to anyone else there. Including Wendy. So excuse me if I find you both to be inappropriate for a kid's carnival. I mean, I really don't even know what you're doing here." She says.

"Honestly, I wanted to apologize." I told her.

"Apologize? For what?" She asks.

"For being a dick. Particularly, the other night when you asked for an advance. There was a reason why I couldn't." I began but she interrupted me.

"I understand why. Cause I didn't fuck you or suck your dick, right?" She tells me.

I was surprised and again, turned on.

"Actually, no. The real reason was because, the club isn't doing too good. At least not for the past couple of weeks. So I couldn't afford it." I tell her.

"Then why have I seen you give money to Wendy?" She says.

"You saw that?" I ask her.

"A couple of times. Look, tonight is about Sean. What's done is done and I was able to find a way to get the money anyways, so it really doesn't matter." She tells me as she gets up from the table and throws away her stuff.

"Liz, look. I know you..." I began but get cut off by Sean, Katie and them suggesting dinner.

"Uhm..." Liz begins.

"Pleeeease. They wanna go to Chuck E Cheese." Sean says.

After a minute goes by of Liz thinking, she finally decides to go and we then all pile up in my truck and start heading to Chuck E Cheese.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)