The Lion and The Lamb

(Tashigi x Reader)

"There's a fourth admiral?" Tashigi asked.

Smoker puffed his cigar, "Precisely, she is known as the lion. A lazy admiral who does what she wants and when she wants. And today she will be coming back to base. She said she had brought us something."

"What is she like?"

Smoker shrugged, "Not sure, never met her."

"THE LION! SHE'S RETURNED!"

Everyone scrambled getting a look at the fourth Admiral. Tashigi and Smoker stood looking over the railing as the doors opened. A good hundred pirates walked in with sea stone on there wrists. Then you stepped in. Wearing an admiral coat of green. Then your crew walked in taking the pirates to impel down.

"Wow, we couldn't get that many pirates on a good day." Tashigi said, "She must be tough."

"(Y/N)!"

You turned to a group of teenagers. You grinned kneeling down to them as they swarmed you with embraces. Soon to knock you over. Then you grew into a large lion while the kids and teens climbed on you. You laughed while some climbed your tail or groomed your mane.

Smoker clicked his tongue before walking down the hall. Tashigi smiled resting against the railing watching you. What was your secret? How were you able to be respected by so many, but as feared by the rest.

"Tashigi!" Smoker barked.

"Uh! Coming!"

"Captain Smoker, I wish to see you and Tashigi in my office."

"Yes sir."

The two got up and walked down to Sengoku's office. Smoker knocked on the door.

"In."

Smoker pushed open the door as you and the other three admirals sat in chairs in the middle of the room. You stood as did the others showing how tall they were against your natural short stature.

"Tashigi, Smoker, introducing Admiral (Y/N)."

You smiled, "Pleasure to meet you White Chaser. And the woman who owns a legendary sword. I've heard and read so much about you. The captain and vice captain of G-"

Your eyes went wide as you turned to Sengoku, "I need to talk to you about Vergo."

"Later, in the mean time go get settled."

"No Sengoku you have to know-"

"Enough. We will discuss it later."

"But-"

"Sengoku we should hear her out. If she knows something-" Aokiji tried to butt in.

"I won't have you getting caught up in this too."

You sighed before you headed out the door. Tashigi watched as you stormed down the hall. Where she slipped passed Smoker and followed you.

You sat outside looking to the sea. Tashigi stepped up to you earning your attention. She hesitated before sitting next to you.

"Vice Captain Tashigi." You hummed.

"Admiral-"

"Call me (Y/N)."

"What were you going to say to Sengoku back there? About Vergo?"

"He's working for Doflamingo. That son of a bitch."

"H-how do you know?"

"He's doing what I did."

"What did you do?"

"I went undercover. I was the second marine to work under Doflamingo. I succeeded to bring back information."

"How did you do it?"

"I became his wife. Then faked my death convincing enough to sneak off Dressrosa and come home."

You looked to the pastel pink diamonds on your ring. Then back to the sea.

"How do you do it? Your feared by so many, but loved by the rest?"

You laughed, "I choose to be kind because it makes me happy. But."

Your smile faded as your face got dark, your claws grew as your hair got taller and wild.

"I will defend my home and my loved ones without hesitation. Make no mistake. I am fierce."

Tashigi put her hand on yours as you calmed down to your human form. She smiled to you before scooting closer.

"So, your just a big softie."

You chuckled, "Sure, little lamb."

As time went on, Akainu was the new admiral. You and Kuzan left, leaving Tashigi heart broken. She was upset you left without another word. But she kept your coat.

Kuzan and you headed in the snow while the two of you watched Doflamingo fight Smoker. Kuzan went after him while you followed behind, you skid up to Tashigi and sat before her.

"(Y/N)?" She cried.

You grinned as she embraced you, you purred softly as she pulled back and peppered your face in kisses. Then she slapped you across the mussel. You yelped rubbing your mussel.

"What was that for?" You huffed.

"You left without saying goodbye."

"What are you talking about? Didn't you get- is that my coat?- check the pocket."

Tashigi checked the inside pocket and pursed her lips to a letter with her name on it. She opened it as you smiled. Her eyes welled with tears as she bit her bottom lip. And a locket was in the bottom of the letter. She slipped it on as she embraced you.

"I love you too you damn lion."

"I love you, you silly lamb."