Chapter 01

Chapter 1:

The marriage hall was so beautiful. No one could ignore the decorations.

The hall was mostly decorated with red roses and with a hint of jasmine here and there. The scent was mild and pleasant to the guests unlike some weddinghalls were it overwhelmed the people. It was wonderful to look at how beautifully the red and white flowers  got along in the decorations.

The music was kept mild, not wanting to irritate the guests and relatives. Every song and tune was melodic so as to not disturb the chatter of the guests came for marriage.

Some servants of the hall was dedicated to keep the chairs in place and to keep it clean all the time, picking up plastic water bottles and the chocolate covers children threw away. It was kept clean all the time.

But what surprised the most was how they knew that everything would please the bride most.? She was getting down the stairs wearing the bridal lehanga to the altar where priests waited.

The lehenga should be very heavy and the one wearing was too skinny to bear the weight. But it didn't matter. Instead she seemed to enjoy the weight of it. The lehenga picked by the bride herself was red with flowery patterns and golden borders that complemented the red colour even more.

She was, in one word, gorgeous...

She looked down the mehandi on her hands. It was almost impossible not to smile at the redness of her mehandi.

Of course his husband, oops would be a husband in few minutes loves her madly. That thought made the color of her cheeks to match the lehenga despite her light makeup.

She decided to lower her hand, not wanting to trip on the stairs and that motion made her to hear the sound of bangles. This was one of her favorites sound. It almost sounded like a wonderful music to her ears. And also her payal, how well she can hear that even amidst the noises from the hall was beyond explaining.

She also couldn't stop herself from looking around in awe, still haven't got over the fact of how her engagement ring looked so marvellous and shining. It's amazing how could she focus on all these things when she walked down from the stairs.

Then she decided to look around once more  at the hall which was decorated with red roses and jasmine. Just the way she loved. How did they know? Her smile got wider.

There were cousins and  her friends accompanying her to the altar. They were all giggling and teasing her about getting married. She didn't mind all the teasing. In fact she was glad about the giggles and teasing. It made her feel good. The laughter sound made her somewhat happy. She was after all getting married, once in a lifetime event.

She never knew marrying somebody would be so beautiful and the feeling going on inside her was almost overwhelming. She couldn't take it anymore. She just wanted to cross.. no... She just wanted to run towards the altar and get married as soon as possible. She knew everyone would laugh at her if she did that. She suppressed a giggle at her impatience.

There was the havan glowing beautifully. All havan glowed like this one too yet it felt special today somehow. Everywhere she saw through her eyes around seemed beautiful. She couldn't believe that she was getting married.

Most girls would be nervous or scared about the walk towards altar and about the new changes going to happen in their life. But she was not. She almost wanted this distance to be covered quickly.

She raised her hand towards the garland around her neck to caress it softly. It was also of red roses. It tickled her neck and hands but she liked it. She couldn't help but to admire herself.

What mattered the most was the person who was waiting there wearing a veil made of flowers covering his face. She couldn't see his face. She pouted cutely not able to see his face. It's just matter of time she's gonna see his face and never let him hide his face in shuaag raat. She grinned at her dirty mind.

He was also wearing sherwani of red with golden colors. Just like her dress.

She just wanted to see him. May be his eyes at least. She didn't know why she wanted to see his eyes, but she really wanted to.

She had just few centimeters to reach the altar. Her friends stayed behind letting her go alone. She didn't feel bothered at all. After all she wanted to be alone with her would be husband in few minutes.

She came near him and sat there, watching the priest saying mantras. She almost brushed her hand with his hands intentionally. Wow.. It felt good to be like this. To be someone's and someone be yours. It was a great feeling.

In few more moments the shiny mangalsutra would be on her neck. How it would feel to have it on her neck. And also the red vermilion on the partition of her hair. How well it would match her bridal lehenga.

The wait was finally over. It was time for kanyadhan. She tensed because she didn't have parents just then someone placed a hand on her shoulder.

She turned back and saw that no one was there. She was surprised. She definitely felt that. She ignored it. But again someone touched her shoulder and again no one was there. It was strange.

Suddenly the altar shook and also the wedding hall along with her. What was it? Earthquake?

No.. It was not earthquake.

It's Ananya.

Ananya shook her shoulder. It took few seconds to realize that she was daydreaming about marriage while lying down on the desk. She blushed at how she has been dreaming about getting married this soon. Then Ananya nudged her. She looked up feeling irritated that her friend disturbed her beautiful dream. Then she looked at what Ananya pointed.

The professor looked furious. She shouted,

"Khushi Kumari Gupta, out of my class right now."

Khushi had no chance to apologize. If she tried, she knew it might stir professor's anger even more. She acted as if she was shocked due to professor's outburst. She moved out of the class giving a sheepish smile to Ananya while she rolled her eyes muttering "Drama queen."

Khushi was glad too to get out of the class. After roaming around aimlessly over the college, she sat under a tree and leaned back remembering about things happened in the class.

She always daydreamed about marriage. But this time it felt so real. It was so good. She can even smell the red roses and jasmine now too around her..

It hurt her more. Tears threatened to fall. She wanted it to be real. She wanted it to happen very badly.

She didn't love anyone. No one attracted her. She wondered when would she fall in love.

It must be nice to be in love. It must be wonderful to have someone in your life. She just wished she would marry soon and that her husband would hug her tightly, taking away all her loneliness.