Chapter 29

Arnav was startled out of his thoughts seeing Khushi's trembling form.

He saw Khushi gripping the table for support.

Was she going to faint...?

Arnav moved towards her and gripped her shoulder to steady her.

But his wife didn't seem to be listening or hearing anything, instead looking straight at something and Arnav followed her line of sight and saw no one other than Nk..

What NK has to do with anything..?

Just a few seconds before, she muttered protector...

Was she somehow missing this so called protector.?

“Khushi...?"

Khushi can't believe it...

How can it be possible...?

It has to be a dream...

It has to be...

Because how can her protector was standing in front of her..?

But even if it's a dream..... She can't let him go.

All she could remember was how he smiled at her and how he assured every time that she's wanted and not nothing, how he cleared her insecurities.

It was less than two months with him but she never had felt like this close to anyone.

Arnav watched the different set of emotions playing on his wife's face.

He looked again at NK to find him frozen in the place looking at Khushi in horror.

Honestly, What's going on...?

NK then opened his mouth and gaped at Khushi like a fish for few seconds

He then called Khushi, looking at her,

“Princess.."

Was he calling his wife Princess..?

Who the hell NK thinks he was to call her princess..

He himself hadn't called his wife princess.

Arnav glared at NK.

Khushi's world blossomed hearing the pet name..

It has to be a dream...

Even if it's a dream, it's a wonderful dream.

It's as if nothing changed.

Suddenly it's like how they goofed around, doing childish things before five months.

Her protector who protected from all the teasing, her insecurities, he even protected from herself, was now looking at her like she's the wonderful thing in the world.

She had loved that look on his face. She saw him opening his mouth and once again called her,

“Princess.... Khush..."

Arnav's doubt confirmed that NK was calling his Khushi as princess.

Arnav opened his mouth to scold NK that this was his wife and he can't flirt with her but froze seeing Khushi, whom he was holding in his arms, freed herself from him and ran towards NK..

Arnav watched in shock that his wife ran towards NK, ignoring everyone in the hall who was as confused as him..

And to his utter horror, NK hugged his Khushi but what shocked him more was that his wife hugged him back and he could see it from here that their embrace was a tight one.